Sunday, June 17, 2007

Fat camp!

I'm leaving bright and early in the morning to head to Canyon Ranch in Lenox, Massachusetts for a couple days of rest, relaxation and rejuvenation. I affectionately call it "fat camp" - daily activities include 20-mile bike rides, yoga classes, hikes, etc., all of which are optional. All meals are included, and the key in the kitchen is "portion control." You ask for the ravioli for dinner, and you seriously get two or three raviolis. I don't know what they are thinking, but a girl who has been working out all day has got to eat more than that! I quickly learned last year that you can order as much food as you want, so if the tiny serving of ravioli doesn't fill you up, you can get something else off the menu. They don't serve soda though - this poses a problem since I'm ADDICTED to Diet Pepsi. I'm hoping this year's trip to Canyon Ranch will get me on the right path to break my 3-4 can per day soda habit.

Of course, there's a magnificent spa at Canyon Ranch, so after torturing myself all day, I can relax with a spa treatment - I've got a facial and a massage scheduled. I can't wait.

I visited Canyon Ranch for the first time last year with my good friend Amanda and we had a blast. Amanda is off enjoying the sun and cerveza in Mexico this week, so I'm actually making the trip by myself. It's about a 5 hour drive from Buffalo, so I uploaded some audiobooks in my iPod to keep me busy on the way there. Since my life is always an adventure, I'm sure this trip will provide me with some good stories to tell.

No comments: