Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy father's day!!!


Father's Day is always bittersweet to me. The sweetness comes from knowing that I married one of the most amazing men in the world who couldn't be a better dad. The bitter part comes from missing my own dad who died back in 1985 at the age of 43 from a massive heart attack. I miss him terribly, most often on days like today, major holidays, at Ryan's football games, when I'm driving down the thruway. Okay - I just about miss him all the time. Amazingly though, dad still makes his presence felt all the time. For example, it's no coincidence to me that after all the years Ryan struggled to make it in the NFL, the team he eventually stuck with was the Buffalo Bills. Everyone who knew my dad, Bill, knew that he had a love for the game. He had three daughters though, so any dreams of having a son of his own make it in the big leagues just wasn't gonna happen. Then Ryan came along who is now going into his fifth season with the Buffalo Bills - coincidence, coincidence.

I'm also reminded about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful mom who had to fulfill both parental roles while raising me and my sisters. So in honor of women just like her, Happy Father's Day mommy!

Happy father's day to all the dads out there!

3 comments:

Tonia said...

Who's the white guy in the picture with my lil cousin? He looks gay!!!

Robert said...

Who's the white guy in the picture with my lil cousin? He looks gay!!!

Robert said...

Tonia didn't post that comment I did. The broad was log into her google account on my laptop...