Friday, June 29, 2007

It's a small world after all!!!!

I reconnected with an old friend this evening. Dyan and I were inseperable in elementary school. We were in the same class three years in a row and we spent most of our weekends hanging out. We were like sisters.

After elementary school, we went our separate ways. We both went to affluent private schools - Dyan to Buckley, and I to Westlake School for Girls. We lived only minutes from each other, but at twelve-years-old, it's easy to lose touch with close friends. It's probably been close to two decades since Dyan and I last spoke and I've thought about her often, wondering what she was up to, if she was married, etc. I've seriously considered contacting Oprah or Montel Williams about trying to reunite us - we were that close. I missed her.

Well, thanks to Myspace, we've reconnected. Turns out Dyan and I have a mutual friend who made the connection that we knew each other and she got us in touch. Dyan and I are now eagerly looking forward to a reunion in New Orleans in early August. Dyan, since I know you'll read this, it's time to sign up on Myspace girlfriend!!!!

"Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints on your heart." --Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments: