Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Let the planning begin!


For the past several years, I've been involved in a wonderful event sponsored and produced by Off the Field, the official NFL wives' association. The event is awesome - it features the wives of former and current NFL players working the catwalk at a fashion show brunch. The event is held annually in the Super Bowl host city. Our next event will take place in Phoenix, Arizona in February of 2008. We are in the preliminary planning phase, so more details will follow!







I've participated as a model in the event the past couple of years, but this year I'm in charge of securing corporate sponsors for the event. In college, I was extremely fortunate to intern for a company owned and operated by former NFL quarterback Rodney Peete and his wife, actress Holly Robinson Peete. One of our big events every year was a super bowl fashion show, so I have some experience in coordinating events like this. It's still going to be challenging though - we could send out hundreds of letters with the hope of getting one or two companies to respond. But it gives me a chance to use my brain and it keeps me busy - that's always a good thing.

For more information on Off the Field, visit www.offthefieldpwa.org.

No comments: