Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Unbelievable!

I just spent the last 40 minutes assembling a bookcase I ordered from OfficeMax. I got to the point where I'm supposed to attach part D to Part K. Well, the holes aren't drilled properly so they can't be attached. No big deal - I figured I'd call the manufacturer (O'Sullivan Industries, Inc.) and have them send me a replacement part. Well guess what? O'Sullivan has gone out of business. Nice.

So I call the OfficeMax customer service line. The only option I've been given is that they will come back out to pick up the bookcase. But I have to disassemble the bookcase before they'll come pick it up. Like I don't have anything better to do with my time. Unreal.

This is the kind of experience that can just destroy a good relationship. I won't be ordering squat from OfficeMax in the near future...

No comments: