Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Moving forward...

I have a praise to report - Kevin is improving! As I'm sure you may have heard or read, doctors are reporting that Kevin is responsive and has had some voluntary movement in his extremities - all good signs for a great recovery. He's not out of the woods yet, so please continue to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

This morning was rough for me. Will was at school. Our weekend houseguests were gone. Ryan was at work. It was quiet. And I cried. It was the first time I had a moment to just sit and take everything in uninterrupted, and it was devastating. The magnitude of this entire tragedy is just so overwhelmingly sad. I was thrilled to hear the great update on Kevin today - it's just what I needed to shake that hopeless feeling I was contending with this morning. It's amazing how a little faith and hope can completely change you.

Ryan and I sat and ate lunch together before heading to the hospital today. I asked my husband a question. How was he going to be able to get back out on that field and do his job all things considering? His answer was simple - "I don't know." I can't even begin to fathom the effect a tragedy like this will have on the guys. They are resilient though, and I know every single one of them will be on that field Sunday playing their hearts out in support of Kevin. And I'll be there. Pittsburgh - see you Sunday!

No comments: