Thursday, October 11, 2007

Morning sickness... says who?


The first time around, a week before Will was born...

MORNING sickness. The title alone suggests that this is something I should anticipate dealing with between the hours of say 12am - 12pm. MORNING sickness. I should be able to plan activities and function normally in the afternoon and evening hours. MORNING sickness. Whoever came up with that phrase needs to be slapped. Trust me - there's no such thing. MORNING sickness can only be described as two months' worth of nausea, heartburn, indigestion (okay, just kidding - this is not a Pepto Bismol ad), etc. that pretty much lasts 24 hours a day. It sucks.

When I was pregnant with Will, I had morning sickness - I was pretty naseous and couldn't really eat much. I actually lost a couple of pounds my first trimester. But my first pregnancy was much different from this one for one reason only - back then I didn't have to cater to an energetic, rambunctious three-year-old. Back in the day, when I didn't feel well, I just crawled in the bed and watched Lifetime Television movies all day. Not anymore. So adding to the nausea, heartburn, indigestion, etc., I'm whipped. Completely and utterly exhausted. And it's only week six! The thought of it all makes me... well... nauseous.

1 comment:

Finn said...

Well written post, Dawn. And I lol'd about crawling into bed with the Lifetime movies - cute!