Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth...

Just not right now!!!

I would love to sit here and write about how frustrating this football season has been. I'd love to tell you all the juicy details about the behind-the-scenes politics Ryan's dealing with right now. I wish I could tell you why Wednesdays are quickly becoming bad news days for us. I would give anything to tell you why this team is making me so sad. But I can't. Sorry. Not right now.

There's an unspoken rule that NFL wives have to remain quiet - we dare not say anything that might reveal what life in the NFL is really like. There is a reason for this - the NFL is a small world, and it's amazing how quickly a little gossip can spread. So for now, I'll just keep these things to myself.

I'll continue to be grateful for the opportunities that present themselves now. I'll try not to spend too much time thinking about what tomorrow may hold. I most certainly will do my best to stop getting my hopes up, because disappointment is starting to take its toll.

But I do promise that some day, I'm going to write a juicy fictional book based on fact about what life in professional sports is like. I'll share the tears, joy, pain, triumphs, etc. that my life has involved the past several years. It's been an incredible ride, one that most certainly isn't over yet - there are definitely more curves, loops, drops and curly cues coming our way. So stay tuned!!! Things are going to get interesting over the next couple of weeks...

No comments: