Saturday, November 17, 2007

It looks official!

Looks like Ryan is going to be on the list of inactives for tomorrow night's primetime nationally televised game against the Patriots. I know a bunch of you may wonder tomorrow night why you don't see #88 on the field - I wish I had an answer for you.

"Well, is he hurt." That's usually the question people ask when I tell them the news. Nope. Ryan's healthy. 100% ready to go. So healthy that he hasn't had to go in for treatment of any sort in a while.

The next comment - "Well, he played last week and he looked really good out there, especially when he went in at tight end." Yep, he sure did. After not getting a tight end rep in practice for over a year, Ryan went in for an injured Robert Royal and did a pretty good job.

The final question - "Well, what the heck is going on?" My guess is as good as anybody else's.

Ryan's a trooper though. He's a man of character who is trying to maintain his dignity through all of this. And he's doing a pretty darn good job. He's trying hard not to doubt his abilities, even though he's being told over and over again that he's just not good enough. Our saving grace is knowing that this is all part of God's plan. Knowing that He's in control, that all of this is happening for a reason, makes the pill a little easier to swallow.

I have to be honest with you - I enjoy the game of football a lot more when Ryan isn't playing. How terrible is that? But there's something to be said for knowing that when the clock reaches zero at the end of the 4th quarter, my hubby is going to walk out of the players' tunnel and we're not going to have to do our usual post-game injury inventory. I worry so much when he's out on that field. While I'd prefer it if he were playing, I'm totally at peace with the fact that my husband will be whole at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Robert said...

You know that's some bullshit!! I ain't feeling the Bills for that one.