Monday, November 26, 2007

It's a...

BABY!!!


Gotcha, didn't I? For those of you wondering, Ryan and I have decided to not find out the baby's sex this time around. It gives us a little something to look forward to! It will be so fun hearing "It's a (fill in the blank)" in the delivery room on baby's birthday.

I had my nuchal translucency ultrasound this morning and I got my first look at our little bean! This ultrasound is used to detect any abnormalities in the baby such as Down's Syndrome. The doctors checked the bridge of the nose to make sure it was forming (and it is) and also looked at the thickness of the back of the baby's neck (it's nice and thin like it should be). The baby looks wonderful! Everything came back just as it should. Based on this test, the chances of having a baby with Down's Syndrome or other chromosomal abnormality is very slim.

This is a busy baby. Bean bounced around a lot and was constantly moving its arms and legs. It even looked as if it pushed off with its legs or jumped a couple of times. It's such a neat thing to see.

Interestingly, the baby's measurements are putting me at 13.5 weeks, not 12.5 weeks. Based on today's ultrasound, we're looking at a May 28th due date instead of June 3rd.

Here are some more of the little bean's first shots! Enjoy!



Giving us a thumbs up!!!!


Sticking out its tongue...


Crossing its arms...

2 comments:

ryan and laura said...

hey girl - so cute to see photos of your little baby on the way. good for you holding out on not finding out the gender. it will be so much fun at delivery! that was sweet of you to ask about ryan's foot....he's doing ok. sending films to an expert in north carolina tomorrow so I guess we'll see what he says. I think surgery again is looming in the near future. :(

Barbara said...

Congrats! I dont think I could wait that long and not know what we're having! My guess is another boy - you should start a poll going - everyone will start making bets! LOL!