Sunday, December 23, 2007

One crazy Sunday...

Today should be interesting...

Will woke up this morning at about 5:30 and never quite made it back to sleep. On a normal day, this wouldn't be a problem because I'd crash with him at nap time. But today's gameday, and the Bills take on the Giants at the Ralph at 1 p.m. so there won't be any napping.

The weather today is unreal too. Crazy, gusting winds that have already blown away some of Will's toys in the backyard. It's supposed to start raining soon, and the temperature is supposed to drop drastically over the next several hours with the rain turning into a slushy mix of sleet and snow. Thank goodness I'm sitting inside at the game today.

There is a bit of drama and excitement surrounding today's game. There are reports that Kevin Everett is going to walk onto the field today. Here's the kicker - the young man he collided with during that fateful game against the Broncos at the beginning of the season now plays for the Giants, so there is speculation that they are going to walk on the field together. Needless to say, that would be an amazing moment.

Today is going to be very bittersweet. It's most likely Ryan's last home game as a Buffalo Bill, and like in recent Sunday's past, he won't be suiting up. This is emotional for me, so I know it has to be terribly emotional for him. I have to admit that I lost some sleep last night thinking about how unfair and anticlimactic this is. It really makes me sad.

Even tougher is the fact that a lot of my friends here will be leaving tonight after the game to head home for the offseason since next week's game is an away game. I'm not good at goodbyes - I cry A LOT! So I'll have to put on my happy face when this evening when I'm actually falling apart inside. That's never fun.

No comments: