Saturday, January 5, 2008

Baby vibes...

Mothers-to-be are asked the same questions all the time. The first is, "How are you feeling?" After I respond with the usual "I'm feeling okay, just a little tired," the next question is, "Do you know what you're having?" My response is, "Nope, we're not finding out this time." That response is usually followed up with, "Well, do you have any thoughts one way or another? Any vibes on whether it's a girl or a boy?" Up until this morning, the answer was always "no."

I had my first "gender dream" while sleeping this morning. I woke up not remembering much about the dream. What I do remember very clearly was Ryan saying, "It's a boy!" I laid there for a while and just couldn't get back to sleep thinking about the implications of the dream. When I was pregnant with Will, I had two very distinct "boy" dreams before his gender was confirmed by an ultrasound. I'm inclined to take the dream to heart and assume that the bean is giving off baby boy vibes. Of course, since we're not finding out the gender this time, we'll just have to wait until June for confirmation.

I have to be honest with you - having the dream was a little disappointing. Both Ryan and I are hoping for a little girl. Of course, my dream is in no way definitive, but based on past experience, I've gotta pay attention.

We'll see if the boy dreams continue...

2 comments:

Barbara said...

When I was pregnant with Mikey, I had a few very distinct gender dreams - all of which were for a GIRL! But, alas, Mikey is not a girl, thank goodness, "she" would be quite the tomboy!
OH, BTW, we are trying for #2, with fertility intervention, so, we could be expecting by september. Another september baby! I'll keep you posted. I'd really like a girl, too. I also would like twins!

ryan and laura said...

baby dreams are so funny....at least you're not dreaming about twins! will is going to be a great older brother!