Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A little more information...

I had my regularly scheduled OB appointment (20 weeks) this morning and had a chance to talk to my doctor a bit more about my condition. There is some hope that the placenta will correct itself. Right now, the placenta is covering the cervix. However, the entire placenta isn't sitting right on top of the cervix - it's actually on the side of the uterus a bit and a little out of the way. It's definitely possible for the placenta to clear the cervix as the uterus continues to grow. This is my prayer. Had the placenta been sitting right on top of the cervix, in my doctor's words, I'd be screwed. We'll just have to monitor and keep an eye on it. I have a high-risk ultrasound scheduled for February 6th, so we'll see then if there's been any movement.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I know there isnt much anyone can say to help calm your anxiety about your situation, however, I do have a first hand story for you. I will post it to your myspace.