Monday, February 4, 2008

Back from Super Bowl weekend...


...and I'm exhausted! We had such an awesome time and the fashion show was a hit!

On Thursday morning, I woke up (way too early - still on east coast time) and ventured out into Scottsdale. I ate at a wonderful breakfast spot before heading to the mall with my good friend Leslie for our fashion show fittings. Our fittings were at Scottsdale Fashion Square - what a neat mall. We walked around for a bit before we stumbled upon a bunch of our friends at the Louis Vuitton store. Holly Robinson Peete was hosting a reception, so we made our way in to say hello to all the girls.




After the reception, I made my way to Dillard's for my fitting. This was a tough one for me. I'm so used to being able to to wear just about anything but at five-and-a-half months pregnant, that wasn't going to happen. It took me over two hours to find two outfits to wear for the fashion show. Finally satisfied with my selections, we stopped for a bite to eat then went back to the hotel to get changed for the evening's festivities.

Tiffany & Co. hosted a fabulous reception for us at it's Fashion Square location. It was so fun to get dolled up and spend a bunch of time staring and fantasizing about all of those diamonds. The highlight was when I got to meet Steve Young - I grew up a huge 49ers fan and was pumped that he was at our reception. The evening was really wonderful and we had a blast. Some of the ladies went to P. Diddy's party that night. I went to Sonic for a chili cheese dog and called it a night.

Ryan had some bad luck getting out of Buffalo that evening so I went to the reception solo. His flight was delayed five hours because of weather. Not fun.

I was up the next morning bright and early for our Off the Field fashion show. The event was absolutely wonderful. After months of hard work, we sold out the show - 500 seats! We also raised a good amount of money for Phoenix Children's Hospital. There are some things we can improve on for next year's show - mainly keeping it on schedule. But everyone enjoyed it.


Even more exciting is that I ended up doing a television interview about the show for KTLA - some of my family back in Los Angeles got to see me talking about the show. What are the chances of me doing a live feed interview for all my peeps to see back home?

Friday evening, we walked the very cold red carpet at the NFLPA party. It was unseasonably cold in Phoenix last week. Thank goodness the party wasn't being held outside like so many other Super Bowl parties. Keyshia Cole and Musiq Soulchild performed and we had a great time running into old friends like Takeo Spikes and Lawyer Milloy.



Saturday was pretty mellow. Leslie and I did some shopping during the day while Ryan went to check out the FBR golf tournament with his friend Akil. The big party that night was the Playboy party - it was IMPOSSIBLE to get on the list, and trust me, we tried. Alternatively, we went to the Hollyrod party hosted by Holly Peete. It was the perfect event for our last night in Phoenix - we got to hang out with friends and just chill.



We were up the next morning on our way back to Buffalo. Kudos to Southwest for a wonderful flight that got us in half an hour early! We were both very anxious to get back to our Will. We even had a few friends over to watch the big game.

Ryan and I are both struggling - after a good night's sleep, we've both been sluggish all day. Remember back in the day when you could pull a couple of all-nighters and be just fine? Not anymore. But we'll do this all over again next year in Tampa, FL for the next Super Bowl.

1 comment:

Eb the Celeb said...

NICE PICS... I MISSED ALL THE FUN! (SIGH)