Tuesday, March 4, 2008

25 times in 1 hour....

Okay, get your head out of the gutter...

For years I've been begging Ryan to get checked out for his train-like snoring. When we first started dating in college it was bad, and it's gotten worse over the years. It doesn't matter if he's sleeping on his side, back, etc. - he snores. Unfortunately, he married the world's lightest sleeper, so it was definitely causing some issues for us. I hate to admit that we've spent more nights sleeping apart than together because of it.

Ryan kept a promise he made a couple of weeks ago though and he spent the night at a sleep center on Sunday. Yesterday morning, he gave me the results - he'd stopped breathing more than 25 times in 1 hour. Um, sleep apnea anyone? The technician had to come in and put a breathing machine on Ryan. I heard this and was just floored. I've known Ryan had issues, but I didn't think it was that bad. Of course, sleep apnea can lead to other problems - stroke, heart disease, etc., so I'm glad he got checked out! I think he was even a little surprised by the results.

Ryan will probably be given a C-Pap machine to wear to bed. The technician said that once Ryan had it on the other night, his snoring diminished significantly and he slept better. I'm all for it - I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep!

No comments: