Monday, May 12, 2008

The final countdown!

37.5 weeks - all dressed up to attend a fundraising gala for Will's school

It's hard to believe that less than 48 hours from now, I'm going to be a new mom again. I'm experiencing a mix of emotions - I'm excited, nervous, scared, anxious. I'm so excited to finally meet this little person - to find out if Bean is a girl or a boy. My little one will finally have a name - an identity. Up until now, it's just been this thing moving around my belly causing me drama, kicking me in my bladder and causing my ribs to burn. I think that's the one negative of not knowing the baby's sex this pregnancy - it's definitely been harder for me to bond with baby. So we have some catching up to do when he or she arrives.

I spent a good portion of Mother's Day yesterday nesting. Bean is going to be sharing the master bedroom with us until we get back to Texas. I was overcome with the need to clean up and get rid of some of the clutter. Two trash bags later, I realized how much crap can pile up over the years. My room is now spotless and ready for Bean's arrival.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. I've got to do some laundry, pay some bills and pack for the hospital. Ryan's mom is coming into town for the next couple of weeks to help us out (thank goodness), so we've got to get ready for arrival. Tomorrow night, I'll have Ryan take some final belly shots and spend the rest of the evening enjoying being a parent of an only child.

I've got to teach Ryan how to upload information to my blog. As far as I know, the hospital I'll be delivering at doesn't have wifi or anything, so I'll be relying on Ryan to post updates and pictures. We'll do the best we can to get info posted as soon as possible.

The final countdown - baby is almost here. I can't wait!

No comments: