Thursday, May 15, 2008

IT'S A GIRL!!!


Woohoo - Mercy Hospital in Buffalo is wireless - I love technology.

Bean, aka Bryn Everett Neufeld, is here!!! Bryn was born yesterday morning at 10:43 a.m. butt first via a c-section. She is 6 pounds, 9 ounces and 20 inches long! It's amazing how much she looks like her big brother!

I still can't believe we had a girl. I swore up until yesterday that this little one was a boy. Nope. All girl. So many people told me it probably was a girl since baby caused so much drama during this pregnancy.

True to form, our little drama queen made her appearance into the world with some complications. Normally, babies breath about 40 times a minute. Bryn was puffing away at around 100 times a minute. Little ones born via c-sections usually have some respiratory issues so this wasn't unexpected. Bryn was taken to the NICU and put on a CPAP machine to help force some air into her lungs. An x-ray revealed that her lungs were in fact a little premature. Bryn also had a feeding tube inserted. So I didn't get to hold our little girl all day yesterday. It was really tough.

On top of that, Bryn is a little anemic, which means we'll have to keep an eye out for jaundice. As of right now though, she's fine.

This morning, Bryn was doing much better. They removed her from the CPAP and her breathing is back to normal. Now, if we can get her to eat well for the rest of the day, she'll probably be able to leave the NICU. They've already removed her breathing tube, so that's good news. They did hear a heart murmur though and ran an EKG. The pediatrician doesn't think it's anything serious but we should hear more this afternoon. We were able to hold her for a while this morning and I'll get to try to nurse her in a little while. She's just the sweetest little thing ever. I'm totally in love.

It's so funny though - she totally has a bit of a dent on the side of her head where she had her little head pressed against my ribs for the past couple of months. It's so cute.

I'm feeling well and recovering great from the c-section. I didn't get much sleep last night because I had compression garments on my legs that squeezed throughout the night. I should be unhooked from everything sometime today. My doc said during the c-section that I have nice abs, so that'll help with my recovery!

Here are the first pics of Princess Bryn. Enjoy.

6 comments:

Wendy Hagen said...

Congrats. She's a beauty and I am glad to hear she is getting disconnected to the tubes and such.

JdeLou said...

So precious! I will continue to pray for Bryn and your continued recovery from the c-section!

nat w. said...

She is so beautiful! (and i love her name!)
congratulations to mom, dad and big brother! Prayers for baby and mom! See you soon in NY.!

Derek & Charyl said...

Congrats! She is beautiful. That must have been scary, you all are in our prayers. We cant wait to see you all:)

Latisha Clardy said...

Awwwww, Dawn. She's so cute. Congratulations!! And, she's going to be fine after she's bonded well with mama. Send lots more pics!!

sammy said...

what a beautiful little girl!! congrats to you guys.

now that ryan has become a part of the 'fathers with daughters' group, tell him to feel free to borrow my shotgun!!