Sunday, May 18, 2008

We're home

We finally made it home today! Woo! Miss Bryn has been sleeping most of the day, which leads me to believe that she's going to be a typical baby on her first night home - she's going to be up all night!!! I've gotten sleeping pills in the hospital the last couple of nights and Bryn's been in the nursery, so this will be our first all-nighter together. We'll see how it goes.

Bryn is doing great. She's a champion nurser which is nice - it was much harder with Will. She's a bit jaundiced, but nothing to really be concerned about. She still has that little heart murmur, but it should correct itself over time and isn't anything to worry about.

I didn't post yesterday because I felt like crap. I was experiencing some major stomach cramping. And I'm anemic, so I was exhausted all day. Today has been better, but I'm afraid I'm not being still enough and will pay for it later.

We introduced Will to his baby sister at the hospital yesterday. He did great. He was a little curious, but also standoff-ish. You could tell he wanted to look at the baby, but his body language suggested he wanted to keep his distance.

He's been the same since we've been home today - just keeping his distance and doing his own thing. The good news is that we thought he'd completely flip out and try to attack her. Good thing we were wrong about that!

No comments: