Sunday, June 22, 2008

48 hours

I woke up this morning in a local Residence Inn with my baby girl sound asleep next to me. I just laid there looking at her thinking how glad I was she wasn't old enough to understand everything that was going on right now. I wouldn't want her to be sad to leave like me. But then I thought about it - in less than 48 hours, we'd be home in Texas. The thought made me smile. Then I started thinking about how much I needed to get done today, and the smile went away.

It was a good thing to extend the garage sale today. We probably made an additional $300 and unloaded more stuff. The bad news is that I had to spend a lot of time bargaining with people, and that cut into my packing time. So here it is, about 9:41 p.m., and I haven't even touched the master bedroom yet. Scary.

Ryan and I are going to head back to the hotel in about 20 minutes. He'll relieve the babysitters who have been with the kids all day then I'll come back and finish up packing. I don't think this will be an all-nighter, but this will take a couple more hours to finish up. I'll put a time limit on myself - let's say by 2 a.m., anything that's not done will be left for the movers. Works for me.

We'll see how it goes...

No comments: