Thursday, June 12, 2008

Feeling the love...

Have you ever had those moments that you wanted so badly to capture for eternity, be it in photos or on videotape, but you're having so much darn fun that you forget to pick up a camera? Well, that happened to me today. We hosted an open house for our Buffalo friends - it was sort of a "come meet Bryn/say goodbye" type of deal. We had a ton of people come by, from Ryan's old coaches and teammates to Will's teachers. There was a big bounce house in the backyard for the kids, a ton of food - it was exactly how I pictured it would be.

There were a couple of emotional moments - I just don't do well with goodbyes at all. My dear friend Gretchen - she and I just kind of looked at each other without having to say a word and we just got emotional. We both agreed that we're kind of in denial that this is really happening - that the Neufelds are finally leaving Buffalo. It's because of people like Gretchen that it makes leaving Buffalo that much harder.

I was okay for the most part. It wasn't until I came upstairs into my quiet bedroom to nurse Bryn that I finally lost it - I could hear the laughter downstairs and it really made me think about how each and every person here had touched our lives. They will be missed. I just hope that they all know how much they mean to us.

So, 12 days and counting until we head home. I have a lot of work to do - hopefully I'll keep busy enough that I can hold off the sadness for a bit. It'll hit me on our plane ride home in a week and a half. I just know it. But today I was feeling the love big time - I know we'll be missed just as much as we'll miss our Buffalo compadres!

No comments: