Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Poochified!

So, here I am 5 weeks postpartum with a mushy belly (aka "The Pooch") and more cellulite than I ever thought I'd see on my own legs. I've had so many people ask if I thought I'd bounce right back to my pre-pregnancy body and I'm like "Heck yes!" I did after I had Will. I guess having baby #2 coupled with the fact that I had a c-section have done me in. It's clear that I'm going to need to hit up the gym to get back into shape.

The good news is that I'm only about 10 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. I also got the go-ahead from my OB (who I'm going to miss terribly because he's such a cool guy who delivered both my babies in Buffalo - I digress) gave me the go ahead to start working out again. I'll be taking it slow - heck, I still can't feel my abs at this point. Bryn and I can go for walks for starters. I'll do some swimming when we get back to Texas. But I'll be hanging out with my super fit skinny b*tch compadre Leslie who's like the world's most gorgeous and in shape fitness model, so she'll be my inspiration!

On a side note, it's quiet in my house right now. Bryn is sleeping. And Will is... WILL IS AT HIS BABYSITTER'S HOUSE TONIGHT! WOO HOO! Dear Karen offered to take him overnight so I can get a little packing done. She is a saint. I don't know what I'm going to do without her. She's been Will's surrogate grandma here in Buffalo and she will be missed terrible. She tag-team babysat with Janice the past couple of years and they were just the best - always there when I needed them. I think they should move to Texas. The weather is better!

No comments: