Thursday, July 24, 2008

Don't hire Atlas Van Lines

I blogged about how horrible our moving experience with Atlas Van Lines was. Now that I've uploaded my pics onto the computer, I can share some of the best of the damage done but Atlas. Scary thing is, we have so many more boxes to unpack - it's scary to think what else we're going to find broken or missing.

Here is a picture of the movers literally unloading our stuff off the back of the truck. These items were not inside the truck - they were on the outside of the truck covered in tarp. It came from Buffalo to Texas this way.

And some broken things...




And here is our freezer - it's dented on top, some genius put our bowling balls in there, and I guess there was still water in it so it all molded. Nice.



Needless to say, we're going to be filing a major claim against Atlas. Not only were our belongings 5 days late over the 2 week delivery period, our things weren't taken care of. Just disgraceful!

4 comments:

The Catons said...

you dont know me...but I found your blog through a friend of a friend...anyways, we had the same experience when moving from Kentucky to Missouri...and when we called the company, they were like, "Oh, just send us an enventory of everything that needs replacing." Like they didnt even care. Word of advice...dont send your claim until you are completely sure that you HAVE everything...even now, 3 years later, we still havae things that we never replaced because we didnt know they werent in working order until it was too late.

Oh, and congrats on your new little one...she is simply precious!!!

lindysgal said...

I can't remember what company we used when we moved to Buffalo, but they had put our leather couch on its end and stacked a bunch of stuff on top of it. Needless to say, the side leather was completely stretched and un-fixable. Good news, they were very efficient getting a guy out to check it and gave us a more than fair settlement...Good luck with your unpacking, hope you don't find anything else ruined!

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

OH MY GOSH! I would be soooo mad!

Amy (Metz) Walker said...

Oh, and its so strange to come over to comment and see a comment from the Catons on your blog.

The world really is a small place because I met Adriene (Caton) through my husband who went to college with her...and now we keep in touch on the blog. And I met you (once) through Sammy...now here Adriene is commenting on your page.

The 6th degrees of separation thing has to be true! Btw, I added you to my "blogs I read section"...hope that's ok. Let me know if you prefer I didn't.