Sunday, July 13, 2008

Just as I expected...

This birthday was very blah. We got up and went to church this morning - a great start to the day. But once home, I did more unpacking and preparing for Ryan's folks to get in this evening (they are visiting us for a week). Ryan went and got my birthday present - a new Trek bike that I wanted - but it's so freakin' hot outside that I don't want to go out of my air-conditioned house just yet.

It's 6 p.m. and we have no dinner plans as of yet. We don't want to go out to eat because our last few experiences with Will have been a bit traumatic. Ryan and Bryn are asleep on the couch as I type this (boy, I sure could use a nap right about now, but when I try to lay down, I start stressing out about all those boxes in the garage and I can't sleep). It doesn't look like there's any birthday cake in my future tonight either...

Okay, laying off my little violin and shutting down my pity party for two, especially since my good friend Sammy reminded me of that time when someone thought I was his wife's daughter (and she's younger than me!). Sorry Leslie, but God Bless your husband for that one!!!

We head to Vegas this Wednesday for our annual Garth Brooks reunion. I figure I'm going to have to make Wednesday or Thursday my unofficial birthday and celebrate right!

Okay, off to go unpack...

1 comment:

sammy said...

Hi it's Kiera.I just wanted to say hi.Dad let me see your blizzle ,it's awesome. I also like that picture of you that's sweetest. My dad told me it's your b-day so I don't have anything so i guess I'll give you this message



p.s. I don't have any money yet ; ) :-) ; ]

plus don't worry be happy