Monday, August 25, 2008

So much for Will's first day of school...

Like most parents, I was giddy when I woke up this morning. Why? Because Will was headed back to school. I already had plans for the day. We'd hang out in the morning, then Ryan and I would take Will to school while a sitter tended to Bryn, then I'd feverishly finish unpacking boxes for three uninterrupted hours. All those plans got scratched when Will puked this morning around 9 a.m. Shortly after that, we changed a runny diaper. Either Will was having some sort of reaction to the vaccine he received on Friday, or he had some sort of stomach bug. We called his doctor's office and the nurse explained that there's indeed a stomach bug going around. That meant no school for Will today.

Fortunately, Will didn't have any more bouts today so he should be fine to go to school tomorrow. He even got his appetite back this evening and wanted Apple Jacks for dinner. I'm flat out exhausted though - dealing with sick kiddos is just no fun at all. I had every intention of getting more done today but mommy duty comes first and my babies needed me today. Hopefully there's some "me" time in the future for me tomorrow. Every once in a while, us moms need breaks too! It's crazy how I jump at the chance to go to the post office or supermarket these days - amazing what running an errand sans kids can do for your psyche.

So we'll make another attempt at Will's first day of school tomorrow...

No comments: