Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Independent woman (and other tidbits) ...

On a whim today, I figured it was time to sit Bryn in her Bumbo chair for the first time. Ryan was like, "What's a Bumbo?" to which I replied, "One of the best inventions ever." He still looked perplexed when I pulled out queen Bryn's thrown. Here she is happily sitting in her new seat.

Will apparently thought Bryn's seat was pretty cool because he thought he'd give it a try too!

Speaking of Will - this kiddo is showing us some good things these days. He and I spent some time singing songs this evening, including "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and "Where is Thumbkin." What's awesome is that Will has gone from using a lot of gibberish to actually saying things I can understand. When I sing back to him, I can tell he gets that mommy understands what he's saying. That's been a blast! Will's also trying out some new foods. One of his new favorites is pudding of all things. We're still having him seen by the doctor this month who will test him for gluten and casein intolerances - so we will probably be looking for or making pudding that complies with the diet. But it's been great to experience him trying new things and eating again! Hallelujah!

It's fun seeing Bryn change on a daily basis. She's actively grabbing for toys, rolling over, laughing. She's just a joy! Yesterday I dressed Bryn up in the cutest outfit. I had my friend Leah make this onesie after I found out Bryn was a girl. My pregnancy was kind of tough, so I knew right away she had to have a onesie just like this one, and I think she likes it!

Finally, we had our first taping of my show today - it went great. I think The Bite is going to be a huge success and I can't wait to see the final product. I'll keep you posted and let you know when we can all check it out.

No comments: