Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A true hero...

I want to introduce you to my good friend Kara. Kara and I met years ago - her husband Ross and Ryan were teammates in Buffalo. We attended Ross and Kara's amazing wedding in Pennsylvania several years ago. We've remained friends throughout the years. So it just broke my heart when Kara told me that she's been diagnosed with breast cancer. Kara is 28 years old, healthy and with no family history of breast cancer. She's putting up a great fight though and is currently receiving treatment in New York.

Kara is my hero. She's a rockstar. She will beat this. Here's an awesome video of a story recently featuring Kara! Beat this thing girlfriend!!!

1 comment:

Raven said...

Hey Dawn, do me a favor and send me Kara's email address. I want to say hello and send some well wishes her way! Thanks