Thursday, January 1, 2009

I'm glad it's over!!!

Am I the only one who is glad that 2008 is finally over? Don't get me wrong. I experienced some incredible things last year - most notably the birth of my beautiful daughter and the election of Barack Obama as our next president. But overall, it wasn't a "great" year. Challenges and disappointments, painful goodbyes, financial uncertainty, and starting over made for a pretty rough year. When the ball dropped last night, I felt relieved that 2008 was over. Time for a fresh start, for renewed hope. Starting today, I have 12 months to make sure that 2009 is special and goes down in my history books as a more fulfilling and positive year.

This upcoming year will undoubtedly bring some incredible challenges. This weekend, I start studying for the Texas bar exam. The test isn't until the last week of February, but I'm taking a review course and will study every day, all day. It's hard to appreciate the stress that comes with preparing for this test unless you've done it before. And I have - in California - and I remember how daunting a task it is. Once I take the test, I'll get to wait to excruciating months for the results. Once the results come in (failing is not an option - I will pass), the next step will be finding a job and returning to work outside of the home full time. That will be a major transition in and of itself - I've been fortunate to be home with my babies while Ryan was playing football. I can imagine it will take a while to get used to being away from them.

As I've discussed before, Ryan will possibly be facing a major transition himself this year. We're once again faced with so many unknowns. All we can do is continue to have faith that everything will work out according to God's plan. It always does.

I do look forward to what my children will accomplish this year. Bryn will learn to crawl, walk, talk. And Will - I am so full of hope for him right now. All of a sudden he is interested in interacting with us. I'll ask him what a picture is, and he'll tell me. Today he identified the sun and a bear. And I heard him saying, "D, S, M." He was actually reading the letters on a brochure I had in my office. Now, if we can just get him to pee on the potty, all will be right with the world!

I pray that everyone has a joyful and fulfilling new year. In the midst of all the chaos that is my life, I have no doubt 2009 is going to be a GREAT year!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Sape said...

Yes! It's another day and we get another start to become better. Love you guys.