Thursday, January 22, 2009

When pillars attack...

I had a photo shoot this afternoon for Comerica Bank in a building two blocks away from my bar review course. It was perfect - my call time wasn't until 2, so I even had time after class to run and errand and get to the location with plenty of time to spare.

I was trying to navigate the ridiculous tight underground parking garage when a really bad thing happened. On a turn, I was so concerned with not hitting the wall in front of me that I neglected to clear the concrete pillar and it did a number on the side of my car. Check it out...




I'm pretty bummed. You have to understand - I am so careful with my car. I'm that person that parks further away so other people won't ding the doors. But I'm just disgusted with myself. I know it's just a car, but it looks like this damage will require some good body work which means $$$$$. Not to mention the hassle of getting it fixed while juggling everything else I have going on these days.

Never a dull moment...

1 comment:

Kembree said...

OMG! I did something similar. I was on the phone with Tony, leaving a parking lot after the UT/Bama game, bumper to bumper and I squeezed out by a telephone pole and swiped the side of my car! It looks terrible and I still havent gotten it fixed yet!! I feel your pain :(