Monday, March 2, 2009

It's finally over

Sorry it has taken me so long to post an update. I feel like I'm finally settling down from last week's test. It was brutal. The last day of the exam really kicked my behind. Honestly, I'd be more shocked if I pass than if I don't. Without getting into details, things just didn't go as I'd hoped on the last day. I missed some major issues that I shouldn't have.

Ryan and I talked about it a bit. He said he knows the feeling - it's like dropping a pass during the game and rethinking it over and over and over again wishing you could've done something differently. It's so hard to just let go. I just keep reminding myself that I didn't need to get everything right on the exam, just enough to pass. Well, we won't find out for a couple of months, so I'll try my hardest to move on.

Funny though - Miss Bryn pretty much summed up in a photo how I felt after the exam.
I know how she feels...

So on Friday, I decided to get my life back in order. I packed up all of my bar study materials, cleaned out Bryn's closet, etc. I was putting some storage containers full of stuff in the attic when I lost my balance and ended up doing this to the ceiling in our office...

Just what I needed and the perfect way to end a horrific week!

This week has started off just like last week ended. SUCKY! It sucks to feel like you keep getting kicked while you're down.

We received Will's autism evaluation results from the school district today. Unfortunately, the report confirms what we already know - Will has autism. One thing that was a little disappointing was that they labeled him moderate to severe. All this time, I've been thinking he was in the mild range because he's so personable and affectionate. Not that it matters. It is what it is.

Here's hoping to a better end to this week...

1 comment:

Sarah Sape said...

I love the cheerleader pic. I admire your determination in taking the exam. We love will and are surprised that he was labeled moderate to severe. We miss ya too Ryan. Love you guys. Laugh/cry/sigh then move on.