Monday, May 11, 2009

I'm not that young anymore...

I'm tired. I spent the last couple of days jet-setting and I'm worn out. I remember back in the energizer bunny days when I could just keep going, and going, and going. Yeah, not so much anymore. But it is so worth it.

On Friday, I flew to Las Vegas to surprise my family for mother's day. My mom, granny, sister (and her boyfriend), my aunt and cousins made their annual mother's day trek to Vegas and they had no idea I'd planned to crash the par-tay. I pulled off the surprise and it was wonderful seeing them and spending fun times with them this weekend.

I experienced something new on this trip to Vegas - DOWNTOWN! We stayed at the Golden Nugget, and while it's no Bellagio or Venetian, it was a nice hotel. I was pleasantly surprised. I had a suite on the Gold floor - WOW. There was even a television in the mirror in the bathroom. The spa was lovely and the pool had a nice ambience. Next time we're booking in advance and reserving a cabana. I even managed to win a little money. All in all, it was an awesome trip!




I didn't get back last night until almost 11 p.m., and was up at the crack of dawn this morning to head to the airport for a day trip to Austin for my swearing in. What a neat day. It was so great to catch up with my study buddies - and it was fun looking around the room and seeing familiar faces from my bar review course. For many of these folks, it's their first time officially being called a lawyer. Of course, having been licensed in California years ago, I didn't get the rush that I'm certain my colleagues did. But I found myself getting a little emotional after we took our oath. I am just thrilled to have that chapter of my life closed. On to the next chapter...





Now that the emotional and physical highs and lows from the weekend are over, I'm getting ready to crash. I'm going to need my energy - Miss Bryn's birthday is Thursday and you know we're going all out!

1 comment:

sammy said...

i see ya girl! congrats again on passing the bar exam! thats awesome and i know you and ryan are proud!

as for vegas, get your weight up playa! you're only as old as you feel! i do feel old from the football thing but other than that i can still stay up all hours of the night! although i think was an owl in a former life : /