Saturday, June 13, 2009

It's game day!!!!

After weeks of preparation, today is the day of the Mrs. Texas America pageant. I'm going to do my best to compete against 30 other women, some of whom have been preparing for this event for the last year! Surprisingly, I'm not really nervous yet, though I'm sure the adrenaline will kick in soon and my heart will start racing a bit.

But here's my plan - I'm just going to be me. Well, I'll be me with stage make-up, chicken cutlets (ladies, you know what those are), spanx, spray on pantyhose, and double-sided sticky tape. But underneath all the glitz and glamour, the plan is to just be myself and hope that the judges can appreciate what I have to offer.

I spent some time last night doing my final wardrobe check and I'm a bit nervous. After feeling a bit, um, well, let's just say lacking in the chest area, I've decided to add some padding. I spent some time manipulating and tweaking my bikini top to see how this is all going to work out. And my evening gown - while I love it to death, it's not fitting like I'd hoped. From the waist down, it fits PERFECTLY! But I think I should've spent more time considering the alterations done up top. Hopefully some sticky tape will keep everything in place. But this I know - when I'm out on that stage tonight, I'll be walking with the confidence that the dress fits perfectly, that my boobs look perfectly round and perky in my bikini top, and I'm going to sashay and work it!

We had the night off yesterday after rehearsals and Ryan came to the hotel. We had an awesome dinner with one of the other contestants, Alice Anderson, and her husband. I think Alice is going to do big things in this competition - she's stunning, incredibly poised, and super fun. I'm certain I've made a new friend. All of the women have been incredible, and I have no doubt I will keep in touch with many of them.

I have my interview in front of the judges this morning, then it's off to the theater for lunch, rehearsals, and final pageant preparations before the pageant begins at 5:30p.m. I'll try to post an update this evening, but if not, tomorrow for sure.

Wish me luck! It's time to bring my A game and do this!

2 comments:

sammy said...

hopefully you've got ryan on camera duty.

you should have seen if dave could make it out and snap pics for you. im sure you would have had to twist his arm ya dig! ; )

once again, good luck playa!

Dawn said...

We tried to get David on photo duty, but they were really strict about photo issues. David and his wife came to cheer me on though!