Thursday, June 11, 2009

This doesn't happen that often...

Today, I felt short. At 5'8" tall in flats with a 33" inseam, I rarely feel short. But there I was in a room full of lots of tall, beautiful women, and I felt short.

I made it to Southlake today (barely after getting cut off constantly by Texas drivers who were in a hurry to get nowhere because of the traffic) and checked into our pageant hotel. I had little time to get ready before heading downstairs for registration. It was fun meeting the other contestants. Of course, I was scoping out the competition, and let me tell you - I've got a fight on my hands for the crown. These women are smart, funny, beautiful, intelligent - lots of "total packages" in the room.

After a brief meeting, we had to change into our pageant bikinis for a photo shoot in front of the hotel. We were instant celebrities. I can't tell you how many people were out there with cameras taking pictures. A guy from London even asked to take a picture with the group! That was pretty funny!

Tomorrow is a long day of rehearsals! I'm going to decorate my People's Choice Award box that hit the sack! I need my beauty sleep!

1 comment:

sammy said...

i didnt know ryan was from london!...kidding

good luck girl!