Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Top 15!

After four weeks of preparing for the Mrs. Texas America pageant, I am happy to report that I placed in the top 15 out of 31 competitors. After a pretty solid semi-final performance, I was actually pretty hopeful that I'd make it into the top 5, but no luck. Maybe next year...

That's right - I said 'next year.' I thought this was going to be a one-time thing, but after getting great feedback from pageant organizers and judges, I just have to compete one more time now that I know the ropes and know what I need to do to step up my game and really compete. Now I have a whole year to prepare!!!

The experience really was a blast. And I've spent the last couple of days celebrating by eating anything and everything I want, including fried seafood platters and fast food. Of course, my stomach has been a mess - makes me appreciate how important eating good, natural food is. But I'm going to be careful - one of the fringe benefits of preparing for the pageant is finally being in awesome post-baby shape, and I've started wearing shorts and skirts for the first time in years!

Here are a couple of pictures from the pageant. The audience wasn't allowed to take pictures, but a friend was able to snap a few, and I got a couple backstage. Enjoy!







No comments: