Sunday, July 5, 2009

Almost 33, and I've still got it!!!


Yes, that's me doing the best cheerleader jump I could muster up into my friend Amanda's pool yesterday during her annual 4th of July shindig. I have to say - I've still got some hops in my old age. Blake, Amanda and I apparently couldn't get enough of reliving our cheerleading days of yester-years - we had to do a couple group jumps to complete the day.

And what's a pool party without a cannonball...

After fun times at the Nalls, we came back home and hung out with our friends and neighbors while illegally lighting fireworks and listening to Michael Jackson tunes. We finally called it a night, or should I say 'morning,' around 2 a.m. I can't even lie - I'm tired. That's when age starts to catch up with you. Late nights and little kids who get up at the butt crack of dawn don't mix.

Back to the grind tomorrow. This should be a pretty mellow week - I'm hoping to hear back some positive news from a few auditions I've been on recently. This past Wednesday, I received some disappointing news for a role I'd auditioned for. I'd gotten a callback, and it was down to me and two other girls for the lead. Unfortunately, I wasn't cast. I didn't realize how bad I wanted the project until I didn't get it. It definitely took me a couple of days to recover from the news, and I'm still not completely over it. But there will be more roles, more auditions to come!

On an exciting sidenote, Ryan actually ended up shooting a series of commercials last week - for the NFL!!! The NFL was shooting the commercials at the new Cowboys stadium and they were looking for "football players." Ryan obviously fit the role so I sent him to the audition and he was cast. He spent two days shooting, and it actually looks like working on that commercial could potentially lead to more work. He may have another shoot lined up that will require him to travel to L.A. for a week. He shoots two commercials and he's going to be eligible for his SAG card. I've been in the business since I was a tot and I'm not. Go figure!

Hopefully more fun and exciting news to come!

2 comments:

Suzy said...

You go girl! What a great way to celebrate the 4th. Happy Birthday on Monday...only one more week. Congrats to Ryan as well. Is it a local ad or will it be national?

Kembree said...

Those are awesome pictures, of course you still got it! Good luck to Ryan and his new career..