Thursday, March 11, 2010

A day in the life...

I'm often accused of being busy. On a day like today, that seems like an understatement.

After an abbreviated shoot day at The Bite, I had another shoot for a training video in which I played a bank teller. I was pumped to get that gig - it was my first non-Bite acting job in a while. Fortunately, it took us less than two hours to wrap things up. It allowed me time to rush home and spend a couple of hours with the kiddos and Ryan before jetting off to cover tonight's Mavericks game vs. the Nets for D210. While this was all very exciting, I'm exhausted and looking forward to a good night's sleep.

An update on the house - after a plumbing inspection, for a hot quick minute we thought the builder was going to be responsible for the house damage. But apparently the leak had nothing to do with any sort of construction defect (although we still have no idea what caused the leak). So, we're continuing with the repairs, the cost of which will primarily be out of pocket because of our outrageously high deductible...

And Miss Layla Grace - her mom tweeted a couple of times today. The family has made arrangements for Layla's celebration of life. The service will be held this Saturday. As a parent, I cannot even begin to contemplate how difficult it would be to plan a toddler's funeral. Something about that just seems so incredibly wrong and traumatic. And I think about all the other parents out there who've had to go through this unimaginable process. It's just so heartbreaking. Continued prayers going out to these families.

Okay, Ambien is kicking in - time to go to bed!

No comments: