Sunday, May 9, 2010

Here we go....

Tomorrow is the 10th... that means I've got a little over a month to prepare for the Mrs. Texas America pageant where I will once again be representing the city of Frisco! After making it into the top 15 last year, I figured I'd give it another go now that I have somewhat of a pageant clue and I know what to expect. I'm aiming for the top 5 but taking the crown would be awesome!

My "budget" evening gown is hanging upstairs in the guest room closet. I call it "budget" because it cost a fraction of what some of the ladies pay for custom pageant gowns. And it still wasn't cheap!

I also found my pageant interview suit. I am absolutely in love with it - it's perfect! Again, it's also a "budget" find - I found it on sale for a 1/3 of it's usual cost. SCORE!

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect bikini to sashay across the stage in. This year, the required color is red. We can wear any suit of our choosing, but it has to be red. Who knew it would be so difficult to find a good, nice fitting bikini in red! I guess it's not a popular color for swimsuits. And seriously - I've come across suits for $200+! Really, for some string and patches covering my private parts?!? That's a tough pill to swallow.

Now that crunch time is here, the pageant diet has started - I eighty-sixed bread and my crack - no, not that crack, I mean Diet Pepsi. It's about time to lose the rest of my beloved carbs too - like pasta. And about 10 days before the pageant, the fun really begins. I'll replace two meals a day with protein shakes as I try to get lean and temporarily lose some of my age/mommy evidence (i.e. cellulite and stretch marks). And anything I can't fix with diet and exercise, my awesome makeup artist, Bonnie Benavidez of Avasiare Professional Skincare & Cosmetics (www.avasiare.com) will help me hide!

Speaking of exercise, I miss my tiara trainer Dennis this year. We've switched gyms, so he's not around. He graciously hooked me up with a couple of workouts to follow over the next couple of weeks - it will be hard without his motivation though.

But I've got the fitness factor covered thanks to Sheila Stoutmire - she runs the most AMAZING and motivational boot camp. The hardest part about the workouts is that I'll be getting up at 4:45 a.m. three times a week for the next month for 5:30 workouts. But once I'm out on the field doing squats and bear crawling, time flys and I get a great workout in. Couple that with the Advocare supplements Sheila's got me hooked on, and I'm good. www.sheilastraining.com

So, expect updates over the next couple of weeks as the pageant gets closer (when I'm not too tired or hungry to post)...

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love Advocare...and girl, you don't even want to know what my suit cost! Haha. Good luck training..but you already look fabulous!!

Mrs. Mary Mack said...

Just curious about the covering of the marks?! How much surface area can we fix over here? I've got some "masking to do". LOL You look awesome!