Monday, May 3, 2010

Silver Dollar Ball

First, the word "y'all" became a part of my vocabulary. Next, I learned that I'd have to settle for Tex-Mex instead of "regular" Mexican food to satisfy my taco cravings. Finally, I bought my first pair of cowgirl boots to wear to Silver Dollar Ball this past weekend. It's official - I'm a southern girl.


On Saturday, over 700 folks gathered at XO Ranch in Aubrey, TX (www.xoranch.com) for the 3rd annual Silver Dollar Ball benefitting the American Cancer Society. I served as the Publicity Chair for the event, so it was really awesome to see all of our hard work come to fruition. D210 was also on hand covering the event. It was an awesome party with food, fun and a live performance by country music star Mark Chesnutt. Fun times were had by all. I can't wait until next year's event!








3 comments:

sammy said...

i beg to differ, i do not and will never own cowboy boots.

ever


; )

Dawn said...

Sammy, I learned a long time ago never to say never!

Mandy said...

FYI, you aren't southern, you are TEXAN! There's a difference. :)