Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!!!

video

Father's Day is always so bittersweet. On the one hand, I'm married to the most incredible man who is the best dad in the world to our kids. It is so great sharing this day with him. But as families are celebrating their loved ones, there are constant reminders that my dad is no longer here to celebrate with. I was holding it together pretty well in church today until they showed a picture of a bride with her dad - yep, lost it! Good thing I didn't have mascara on or I would've looked a hot mess.

It's crazy to think that come this fall, we will hit the 25th anniversary of my father's death. For those who don't know, he suffered a massive heart attack in 1985 at the young age of 43. I was only 9 when he passed, but I remember a wonderful man who loved his family and who would do anything for his kids. He's my rockstar.

These pictures aren't the best, but my sister posted them on FB this morning and I thought they'd be neat to share. We don't have a ton of pics of dad - we grew up way before technology made taking pictures and sharing them so easy. But we do have a cherished few. Maybe this explains why I'm ALWAYS taking pictures. Happy dad's day everyone!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

wow, you look SOOO much like your dad. just looking at his picture and the one of you below it from the pagent!