Monday, June 14, 2010

TOP 5!!!!


I did it - I managed to crack the top five at Mrs. Texas! I was the fourth runner up this year - no easy feat since the competition was tough! The top three were all first timers in the Mrs. Texas pageant, although all have some pageant experience. I feel very fortunate to have placed at all! There were plenty of deserving women this year!


Congratulations to this year's winner - Shannon Patterson! Shannon rocked it and totally deserved the title!

Even more exciting, I received the award for Best Interview! I was shocked to hear my name called because I didn't feel overly confident about my performance. It's hard sitting in front of the judges being peppered with questions for four minutes, but very easy to second guess everything you said afterward. Apparently they liked what I had to say!

The judges were absolutely wonderful. And it was so great to visit with old and new friends. Now y'all now I'm going to have to compete again next year. Thanks again to my official sponsors - especially Sheila Stoutmire for getting me bikini ready and Bonnie Benavidez of Avasiare Cosmetics for getting me stage ready! I couldn't have done it without you guys!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Congratulations on breaking into the top 5! Kudos on a great interview as well. You look gorgeous, as always.

Mandy said...

no surprise about winning best interview! I'm sure your work at The Bite helped your skills! :)

Pamela said...

Congrats on your place and interiew win!! Your positive attitude will surely carry you far not just in pagentry but in life!!