Monday, January 17, 2011

My Golden Globes Fashion Wrap Up

I had a great time chillin' with some BFFs watching the Golden Globes last night. I missed all my usual Sunday programming - Baskeball Wives, football, etc. - to watch the Globes' pre-game. The red carpet did not disappoint!

My favorites:

Olivia Wilde in a stunning Marchesa gown. I know, it was a LOT of dress, but it took my breath away!


Megan Fox in Armani Prive'


Carrie Underwood in a phenomenal Badgley Mischka


Catherine Zeta Jones in Monique Lhuillier. I tried on a Monique Lhuillier gown once - fit like a glove. But is cost $5,500. It stayed at the store.


Claire Danes in Calvin Klein Collection


And after waffling for a while, I've decided my hands down favorite was Halle Berry. I want to be her when I grow up!

When I first saw the dress, I thought she might need to be very careful since there was minimal fabric - no need for flashing on the red carpet. But I just dig this look on her - amazing!



My least faves were:
Angelina Jolie and Anna Hathaway (the back of the dress was gorgeous - I hated the front) - I wasn't really feeling the dynasty throwback dresses.


Leighton Meester


Emma Stone (way too matronly for her)


You don't see Helena Bonham Carter on the list - I never expect much from her and would actually be borrowed if she didn't show up Bjork-inspired.


On a non-fashion note, I was so happy that Colin Firth won for his role the The King's Speech. The movie was phenomenal and he as brilliant in it. Two thumbs up!

No comments: