Sunday, March 13, 2011

D210 TV, Krave Magazine & Boris Kodjoe

I am one of the hosts of D210 TV - www.d210.tv - a wonderful entertainment and sports show that airs on the Texas Channel on Time Warner Cable. My schedule recently hasn't allowed me to host as much as I'd like, but when I got a text the other day that actor Boris Kodjoe was in town to host an event and was willing to do an interview, I didn't hesitate to make sure I was available. To say I'm a fan is an understatement.

We were invited to check out the Krave Magazine photoshoot Boris was participating in. I had a chance to meet Boris at a Super Bowl event I hosted, so it was great to be able to say "hello" again. Boris is married to the lovely and talented Nicole Ari Parker. They have two children, and their daughter Sophie was born with Spina Bifida. They have been very vocal about some of the issues their family has dealt with, and I was excited to hear about their foundation - check it out... http://www.sophiesvoicefoundation.org/home.html

During the interview yesterday, my co-host Erica and I found out that Boris and his brother Patrick have started a clothing line - through www.worldofalfa.com, you can order affordable, custom-made suits. After being in the NFL and knowing what Ryan paid for his custom suits, I was shocked to hear that you can get suits on this site for around $200. I was thoroughly impressed.

I had a chance to ask Boris about some of the recent projects he's worked on. He starred in a show called "The Undercovers." Last year, his wife starred in another series that I fell in love with - "The Deep End." I was hooked on both shows, but after only one season, they were both cancelled. I asked about the shows getting cancelled so quickly - in a nutshell, Boris talked about how shows are completely ratings-based, and networks aren't giving them a chance to develop a real fan base. I can't compare a reality show like "Football Wives" to an actual show, but I definitely could appreciate the sentiment. Boris and Nicole are getting ready to work on a project together - I can't wait to hear more about it.




Anyway, this interview was a great reason to come out of semi-retirement. More D210 coverage coming soon...

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh Dawn, I got to interview him & Nicole a year ago (by phone) and they were the greatest! When I started my interview I said to him, my friends would be so jealous. LOL.

At least you got to see him in person. Will the interview be online on D210 TV?

Solomon Alexander said...

Nice work, Dawn. I'm a huge fan. By the way, you've been named a Stylish Blogger by Solomon Alexander at www.stlsportsmanship.blogspot.com

Stefan Gray Sr. said...

Hello Dawn, it was a pleasure meeting you at the Boris and Pat Kodjoe shoot. As the Director of Advertising this will be one of our biggest releases. We are in the process of planning the cover release party in Atlanta I hope to see you there. Feel free to contact me anytime. stefan@kravemagazine.net