Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend update

First of all, happy mother's day to all the moms out there! I often say being a mom is the hardest job there is when done right. I hope everyone had an awesome mom's day - you deserve it! Ryan spoiled me with some much needed R & R - after a long weekend, I got up long enough yesterday to eat lunch, then went back to bed and didn't roll out again until 4 p.m.! The perfect way to spend my day after a very long weekend! On Friday, we took Will to see the RoughRiders game in Frisco. I had to rush off because I was covering the Mavs v. Lakers game for D210. I got to the AAC a little late but was amazed at the sea of blue in the stands. The Mavs fan were pumped and thrilled to see their team take a 3-0 lead in the series against the defending world champs. The atmosphere was truly electric! After the game, we went to the locker room for interviews. Lamar Odom stood in the hall with a sea of reporters holding microphones in his face. One of the reporters from L.A. was peppering Lamar with questions - I've encountered this reporter before and he's pretty pushy. I'm not a fan. Anyway, the remarkable thing to me was that Lamar was speechless - literally speechless. The reporter would ask a question, Lamar would try to answer, and nothing came out. He just shook his head. That was the generally feeling around the locker room - everyone was pretty speechless. I have to give a shoot out to Tyson Chandler of the Mavs. During interviews, I asked a question at the same time as another reporter. Tyson answered the guy's question, then gave me an opportunity to answer mine. I really appreciated it. Female reporters often aren't given any respect behind the scenes - it's great when the players make us feel welcome. After the game, I had to rush off to Bella 32 where my Football Wives castmate Chanita Foster and I were headlining. Wish I had some pictures to share but my purse was too small for a camera. We had a blast and I didn't get home until around 3 in the morning. The folks at Bella 32 are a class act and we love hanging out over there! On Saturday morning, Football Wives castmate Melani Ismail and I joined fellow castmate Chanita Foster as she received an award. I was functioning off of very little sleep - surprised this pic came out so nice. I was thrilled to be one of the hosts for The Collections Fashion Show benefiting Children's Medical Center. The designers of Varela + Brooks hooked my co-host and I up with custom-made couture gowns. I felt like a princess! The show was amazing and I look forward to being a part of the event again next year.

No comments: