Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm officially in my mid-30s!

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me! Can't believe I'm 35 years old. I wish I could say I'm not feeling it, but my knees hurt when I run and I've got bags under my eyes. Time is taking a toll! But I always say - another year is such a blessing - lots of folks I know didn't make it to their 35th birthdays. Perspective.

Speaking of perspective, when I finally get around to getting the tattoo I promised myself when I turned 35, it's going to say just that - perspective. Perspective has become my motto in recent years. It's amazing how keeping perspective can completely change your outlook on anything. For me, it helps me keep my stress and life in it's proper place - someone, somewhere is dealing with something way worse than me, so I'll deal. I'd like a permanent reminder that "perspective" is the word I use to help keep me sane these days.

Back to some fun stuff - after I got off of work yesterday, we met up with my friend Miesha and rode rollercoasters at Six Flags. Riding coasters is my favorite pastime - and even though it was over 100 degrees, I was ready to take on the park. Fortunately, it wasn't too crowded and the longest we had to wait to ride anything was about 15 minutes.

Miesha gave me the best birthday present ever - a ride on the Skydiver. It's half bungee jump, half sky dive. I've wanted to do this ever since I was a little kid running through the Six Flags in California. We got up in that harnass, did a little prayin' followed by a little cussin', but we made it. Good, good times. Couldn't have imagined a better way to spend my 35th birthday!









1 comment:

Pamela said...

Happy Birthday again...and I'm glad you spent your day being fearless and having fun! Isn't that what life's about?!