Monday, August 22, 2011

It is stupid hot in Texas!!!

Do you know what 50+ days of 100+ degrees feels like??? It's been miserable, I mean MISERABLE, here in Dallas this summer with our record-breaking temperatures. I actually noticed this morning my skin is looking a little pasty - sort of like it does during the winter when we're stuck inside because it's too cold! It's been way too hot to enjoy the outdoors. But life goes on...

As much as I would've loved to stay indoors this weekend, I had a couple of "must-not-miss" events to attend! First and foremost, my Football Wives castmate Brittany Pigrenet is weeks away from giving birth to her first baby - a boy she and David are naming Bryson! Castmate Erin McBriar hosted an adorable shower for Britt Britt - can't wait to meet baby Bryson soon!


It was fun catching up with Britt and Erin - crazy to think this time last year we were in full-on Football Wives filming mode! The shower was nice - sounds like Erin is getting ready to embark on a little event planning and blogging - stay tuned!



I had to leave the shower earlier than I would've liked to race off to the most crowded mall in Dallas during tax-free weekend - Northpark Mall - so I could check something off of my bucket list - A FLASH MOB! I've wanted to do a flash mob forever, and when my good friend Heather Rodriguez announced plans to promote cancer awareness through one of the spontaneous routines, I was in!

We busted out our routine to LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem. We were almost halfway through the routine when the music messed up, so we had to start over. We were almost halfway through the second time when a police officer shut off the music. Party pooper (but I completely understand in light of the recent negative flash mob crime sprees). Anyway, it was a blast - so excited to have been a part of this amazing group that acted a fool in the middle of a crowded mall to help promote cancer awareness. Please check out www.cancerhascancer.org for more information about Heather Rodriguez and her courageous fight against ovarian cancer! There's also video of the flash mob!




Party pooper...


No comments: