Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Heels 2 Heal Gala

I know it's been a bit since I last posted, but I've been sick as a dog! I left work early last week on Thursday - I felt a sinus headache coming on and that terrible itch in the back of the throat that means a cold is coming. By Friday, I was laid out in the bed. My head ached, I sneezed constantly. It was pretty awful and I ended up cancelling a bunch of plans - work, two auditions and an afternoon CLE. I laid in the bed all day Saturday because I had to build up some strength to host the Heels 2 Heal Gala benefiting the Women Called Moses organization. www.womencalledmoses.org The event raised funds to promote domestic violence awareness and services.

I wish I could say that I'm one of the lucky ones who has never had to deal with domestic violence. Unfortunately, my mother was in an abusive relationship for several years and I can tell you that I was deeply affected by that. Having been touched by domestic violence, I felt honored to be hosting this event surrounded by people who want to help.

A bonus of the night - my Football Wives castmate Melani Ismail and her husband Rocket were at the event. It's always fun hanging with good friends.



No comments: