Sunday, November 13, 2011

Team Will - DFW Walk Now for Autism Speaks

Will and I trekked over to Grand Prairie today for the DFW Walk Now for Autism Awareness. Thanks to the help of several supporters, Team Will raised $275! After seeing all of the people out at the walk today, I am inspired to step up and do more next year. Team Will will be a team - and I'm going to set a fundraising goal of $1,000!

We've come such a long way in our autism battle. I remember the days when Will would hardly make any eye contact. He'd barely say a word. He kept to himself and seemed to be oblivious to life around him. Today, we were walking out of the Air Hogs stadium and Will said, "There's Shawn." Sure enough, he recognized one of his classmates from school. Moments like this give me hope, and hope is what keeps me going!

Thanks again to all of those who supported Team Will!





No comments: