Wednesday, April 25, 2012

REALity Television


It’s no secret that Pilar Sanders and I didn’t get along on our short-lived VH1 reality show Football Wives. We started clashing week two or three of filming and haven’t seen or talked to each other since we wrapped production in late 2010. It’s been hard to avoid the barrage of media attention she’s gotten recently though since Deion filed for divorce late last year. From TMZ to Media Takeout and now mainstream news media, the Sanders are commanding plenty of attention these days.

First, there was the $200 million dollar lawsuit Pilar filed against Deion, his daughter and one of Deion’s companies. Then there was the fist fight between Pilar and Deion’s Aunt Laura that was caught on audiotape. Pilar claimed she was attacked, but the recording of the incident suggests a very foul-mouthed Pilar may have actually been the aggressor. Funny, because she spent a lot of energy criticizing me for the language I used on Football Wives. Ironic.

Then all heck broke loose Monday afternoon when Deion tweeted that Pilar and a friend jumped him and that he was finally pressing charges. Deion tweeted a picture of him with his two sons (who apparently witnessed the attack) filling out police reports. He’s received a lot of negative feedback for tweeting the pic – folks screaming that he needs to keep the kids out of this. I agree. Both parents should be thinking about what’s in the best interest of the children and fighting in front of them isn't it. Anyway, while I think tweeting the pic wasn’t the smartest move, I believe Deion felt like he needed to do SOMETHING when dealing with his social media savvy soon-to-be ex wife!

The Pilar I came to know during Football Wives is a master at playing the victim. She would instigate situations and when confronted with her behavior, she’d deny, lie or walk away. She wouldn’t engage cast members while the cameras were rolling, but she’d take to Twitter or radio interviews when she couldn’t be confronted to address the situations and claim we were all ganging up on her. When I tried to defend myself in my blogs or in interviews, Pilar and her followers would rip me apart. It was hurtful and I felt helpless - no one was hearing me! One of my castmates told me I had to try and let it go because I'd never win the public battle against Pilar - she's got a very loyal group of followers who think she can do no wrong. One of those followers is the woman who allegedly aided Pilar in her attack Monday. If it's the same woman I'm thinking about, she was horrible, HORRIBLE to me and even engaged in Twitter dialogue with Pilar about me where they referred to me as the "Crypt Keeper."


And the lies. Boy, would she lie. She said on Football Wives that she was 27. Insisted, really. Well, from yesterday’s police report, she’s 38. In a radio interview once, she talked about my child with autism tantruming. When confronted about it, she said she wasn’t talking about Will. (Um, it’s on tape). She lied about not knowing Chanita went to the hospital on the show. She lied on the show when she said she apologized to me. No apology ever received. She falsely accused a castmate of cheating on her husband – it never happened. And I’ve even heard her say in an interview that the only plastic surgery she’s had was on a cut on her leg. While I have no actual proof she’s had any plastic surgery or other cosmetic procedure, I’d be willing to put some money on it that she’s lying about that one too. So what does this all mean??? Well, I have no doubt in my mind that if Pilar could’ve beat Deion to the punch (shuddering at the pun but my tired brain can’t think of another way to put it), she would’ve tweeted, speed dialed a media outlet, lied, etc. and claimed she was the victim. But seeing that she was transported to a hospital for treatment and later to jail (and possibly in handcuffs), I’m guessing she didn’t have access to her phone to appeal to the masses. Had Deion not said something first, I believe he’d be facing more than the minor assault charge he was slapped with this evening.


Pilar was released from jail today with a puffy lip and bandaged thumb - aren't broken thumbs common injuries when you punch someone without a boxer's glove on? After her attorneys alleged that Deion may have violated a gag order in the divorce case with those tweets, Pilar and her legal team walked right up to awaiting media for a press conference. With tears in her eyes and her voice quivering, the self-proclaimed actress stated, "I am innocent. I understand that I have a very little chance at beating a Hall of Fame, two-sport man that everyone seems to love and adore. I am a full-time mom 100 percent for my children and I have just not gotten a fair shake."

O-M-G!!!! There’s the victim speech I knew was in there somewhere and I actually wonder how often she practiced it in her cell overnight. She’s filed numerous lawsuits, challenged what appears to be an iron-clad prenup, had physical altercations with two people in front of her children, etc. How exactly is she not being given a fair shake? Does she really think that we’re all so jaded by Deion’s celebrity that he’ll get a pass in all of this?!?!? Funny, because the same elite-worship she’s accusing us of with regards to Deion is exactly the behavior she expected of us on Football Wives (our crew included, who she admittedly made use the restroom facilities in her pool house like they were dogs – they were not allowed to use one of the 17 bathrooms in their home). Because she lived in a big house and married well, we were expected to treat her differently. If we didn’t kiss her behind, we were jealous haters. Now she’s asking folks not to give Deion any special treatment because of who he is. She certainly felt entitled to that special attention when she was Mrs. Deion Sanders. Again, ironic…


One of Pilar’s attorneys also spoke to the press and my jaw dropped listening to him. He said that the only party that had injuries was his client, that his client weighs 120 lbs (129 lbs according to the arrest info), that Deion is a big football player who is used to tackling people for a living and that we can draw our own conclusions from that. So, because he played professional football he’s more capable of beating up his wife? And because Deion wasn’t injured that means he wasn’t assaulted? I believe Pilar recently shot some promotional pictures for her fitness DVD in which she’s wearing boxing gloves. Let me draw the conclusion that she might know how to get a good lick or two in and she’s not the innocent victim she’s claiming to be.


The attorney also said, "All I will tell you is that I believe the wrong person was arrested in this case. My client is innocent of these charges. My client is absolutely telling the truth. Mr. Sanders is paid to be a celebrity. He's paid to tell stories and that's what we believe is happening here. There was an assault that occurred by Mr. Sanders against my client." Um, sir, your client has done two reality shows and claims she’s a celebrity. She gets paid to be one. Why does this rule apply to Deion but not your client? I’m just sayin’… At the end of the day, an emergency protective order was granted against Pilar and she packed up her boxes into the same minivan with rims we saw on Football Wives and she vacated the home she can’t return to for 60 days. So now what? What is Pilar Sanders going to do?


This whole situation made me think back to our Football Wives days. Pilar spent a good amount of time trying to convince us that she was someone other than just Primetime’s wife. We thought the Football Wives producers were going to roll with this theme because it is so relevant to a real football wife's life. So many of us lose our identities because we're forced to take on those of our celebrity spouses and make sacrifices to support their careers. The producers chose not to include this storyline in our show unfortunately, and there was plenty to tell. Pilar was the perfect example of this football wife issue. She wanted to be known for being Pilar, not Deion's wife. She talked about her perfume line for which she had a poorly-attended launch (the producer’s chose not to show that). She said Deion didn’t define who she was (oops, didn’t show that either). I thought back to the scene where we were having a pretty intense poolside discussion. I stated and asked point blank, “Pilar, you keep trying to convince us that your someone more than Deion Sander’s wife. If you weren’t married to Deion, who would you be?” She was dead quiet. Chanita quickly responded, “Married to another athlete.” (didn’t get to see that one either…)

It appears that Pilar has realized in the last couple of months just how much she’s lost – the home, the lifestyle, being Primetime’s wife (which surely had some benefits). It’s a situation I’ve seen far too often – real life football wives, girlfriends and jump-offs losing their own identities for the sake of their men, and when those men decide to leave, they have nothing. This is a cautionary tale for all the pretty girls out there who sashay in front of pro-athletes with their tight dresses and 6-inch heels who want to parlay their looks into a relationship with a professional athlete. Trophies don’t stay pretty and shiny forever. Here's a tip - you're a dime a dozen. Have some substance behind your beauty - a degree, goals, aspirations, humility, a good heart - you'll be more likely to keep the pro-athlete's attention after your beauty has faded (and it will). Getting off the anti-groupie soapbox now...


I joked that if Pilar had shown some of this spunk while we were filming the show, we’d be on season three or four by now. Truth is Pilar wouldn’t have come back for a second season of the show. She moved on to guest spots on “Single Ladies” and club appearances and pretty much disassociated herself with the show. But I’m guessing the VH1 folks wished their cameras were rolling now – they thrive off of this kind of drama. Actually, this situation might actually be too real for REALity t.v. When are they ever interested in telling the truth.

You might be wondering why I'm sharing this now. Why don't I "stay in my own lane" and "mind my own business?" Fair question. Here's why I'm sharing now. I'm not bitter. Hurt, yes. Pilar cyberbullied me, she slandered me in the media. She spent a lot of time trying to portray me as unstable, insinuating that I’m unhappy and that I'm a bad mother to my children. This couldn’t be further than the truth. This football wife and her husband are still going strong, work is good, kids are great. I can’t complain about too much. I just wish the producers of Football Wives would have told more of this REALity....


Mean girls don't win. Period. And while I feel vindicated on some level, I find no pleasure in watching someone, especially another football wife, self destruct. It is tragic. And I can only imagine how terrible this all must be for their children. And I have prayed for Pilar. In her attempts to hold on to what was instead of focusing on what will be, she's lost her dignity. That's a hard thing to get back. I have no doubt this isn't the last we've heard about this. I just hope it gets resolved soon for the sake of their children. Just my two cents (from someone who got to see the real Pilar when the cameras stopped rolling)....


I miss these ladies - we had fun! You can watch episodes from our season on VH1.com.

46 comments:

Ade Susanty said...

Nice to stop and read your articles here. Also you has a great blog. I'm very interesting here. Good job.

Keep writing and share your information, and dont forget to visit my blog too.

Anonymous said...

You really have no idea what you are talking about. What gives you the right to even speak on this? You weren't there so you really don't know what happened and you have not been a part of this woman's life or marriage very long. I suggest you worry about your own marriage instead of trying to feel "vindication" by someone else's divorce problems. I find your post very far from the CHRISTIAN woman you claim to be. WOW.

Dawn said...

Dear Anonymous - first of all, I am not a big fan of people who anonymously post comments on blogs. Don't hide behind the computer - it's harder to be mean when you actually identify yourself.

And you OBVIOUSLY didn't actually read my blog. I am not feeling vindicated because Pilar is getting divorced. I don't celebrate divorce. I am, however, glad that her true colors have been exposed.

You go on ahead and worry about your own life anonymous and I'm going to keep doing me (didn't Pilar say that in an episode????)...

Yolanda said...

Wonderful blog Dawn. Unfortunately, Pilar has lost her dignity in this ugly divorce. God has a way of humbling you. It's unfortunate that the kids have to suffer. The question is, does she love Deion or the money? You have just as much right as the next person to express your opinion.

Katrina said...

Dawn, this is a great article! I must say that I did feel sorry for Pilar after watching the reality show she and Deion did a few years ago. He treated her really bad. But then, I saw her on Football Wives and saw how catty she was. Like you said, both he and Pilar need to think about their kids before they scar them for the rest of their lives. This is just so sad on so many levels.

This is my first time reading your blog. Keep up the great work!

Diane Hawkins said...

While you do have the right to express your opinion, you come across as very bitter. In fact you seem to be taking delight in her current troubles. Which proves that you are exactly the person who we all saw on your short lived show. While you were praying for her, I sincerely hope that you have repented for the ill will that you are harboring towards her.

Anonymous said...

Interesting. You come across just as bitter and vindictive as she does. I'm sure this was your opportunity to 'exhale' but maybe you should have just sent this to the other castmates or your really good girlfriends.......You're a grown woman with a husband and children, why do you give a damn about Pilar, particularly if you dislike her so much (which you probably have every reason to). Girl, that was 2010, Football wives isn't even on anymore. I think I watched 1 episode. Get over it.

Dawn said...

Do I harbor ill-will towards a woman who talked bad about my special needs child, who insulted my husband's integrity and who continuously slandered me? You bet. Do I think karma will come back and bite someone in the behind? Absolutely. I've done nothing wrong here but give my opinion about the situation. Why would one need to repent for sharing the truth? Again "anonymous," don't hide behind the internet - stand up for what you believe in! I did. And I find in funny that someone talks about who claims they only saw one show. Bye!

Katrina said...

I disagree! Dawn doesn't come across as bitter and vindictive at all. I think she's giving her opinion, which we all have a right to do. I say if you don't like her opinion on HER blog, then perhaps you shouldn't read it.

Diane Hawkins said...

If she has done and said all of those things about you, your child and your husband, I can understand you being hurt by it back then. But to continue to carry a grudge reflects poorly on you. Who hasn't been talked about? I mean really. It's sad that you appear to take delight in her current troubles is the point that I was attempting to make.

Karen Shaw said...

I, too, was disappointed to see that you chose to blog on this topic. While I understand how you feel, it's difficult to understand your decision to, again, open yourself up to the same "bitter" and "jealous" criticisms that resulted from the show. Why give people the satisfaction of being able to accuse you of such things again? If it were me, it wouldnt be worth it. Particularly if, at the end of the day, I didnt give a damn about Pilar anyway.

Dawn said...

Well, it's my blog and it's a free country. You'd believe what you wanted to about me regardless of what I posted. I love we live in a country where everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm not bitter. Not jealous. You'd criticize me anyway but at least I've been able to share my opinion. I've got a lot of people who support me too, so I'm okay with that.

Anonymous said...

Stop worrying about other peoples lives and get on with yours. Try to make a name for yourself instead of living off your husbands profession. Gridiron Goddess. Child Please!

Dawn said...

Try to make a name for myself? I have one Anonymous. It's Dawn. And husband's profession ended several years ago - what's to live off of? #confused

AC said...

What gives the right for anyone to speak on this? I see people are trying to call out Dawn just for having an opinion. It's no different than Rickey Smiley and other celebrities getting a chance to say their opinion on this matter. I bet they are not getting criticize for it!

Everyone has a right to speak their own mind. If Dawn wasn't on the VH1 show, I know you wouldn't be trying to call her out. Last time I checked,this was Dawn's blog and she is free to say whatever she wants to. Secondly, this was a great blog.

Having known Dawn for 2 yrs now, I will say she is the most real & caring person I know. I've met a few of the footballwives cast and I have met other footballwives. None of them have treated me or anyone who wasn't a "celebrity" wife with disrespect or that they were better than them. I have seen some wives treat people as if they were beneath them because they didn't meet "their" standards. So, before you judge someone by what you see on television, what others are saying about them or what you are reading on the blogs & other social networks, get to know them for yourself and you just might see that YOUR opinion of that person was influenced!

Sincerely,

A Proud Dawn Neufeld Supporter!

Dawn said...

And because another Anonymous posted this then deleted it, I'll go ahead and add it...

You are real jealous of pilar . Get over it. She's who u wish to be. Ur mad ur show was canceled. Ur were boring & lame . U can't dress ur not fly. U jump on & off of band wagons . Ur husband has been out the league 4 ever get over the NFL let the younger generation enjoy it. U act like u were married to Vick or somebody. Let it go good lord quit hanging on NFL life is over for u dang. U want to be a star so bad. Just chill."

First of all, the "Us" and "Urs" might be cool if you're limited to 140 characters, but be intelligent and use real words.

No one is hanging onto the NFL - and how did that even come up because there was nothing in the the blog post that mentioned it?

And what exactly am I supposed to be jealous of? A failed marriage? A criminal charge? I'm cool.

Shannon Forbes said...

I'm Shannon Forbes from Dallas! Sounds like you're happy about Pilar's failures? Your show was boring and its DONE! They wouldn't bring you back anyways #Lame

Heather Nicole said...

Reading your blog and all the comments ...I see no wrong in what you have said. Everyone has that option to read blogs or not. And it's just that a blog or stated opinion. And for those who are trying to call you out have that option to NOT read so if this makes them mad why are they still reading.. I was a big fan of the show and was hoping for a 2nd season. This is my first time reading your blog and look forward to reading more of them!! And I just want to add this topic has been discussed all over the radio, tv, Wendy Williams, etc. So why is it so Bad that Mrs Dawn is discussing it? .... HEATHER NICOLE

Monica said...

Although in my opinion you are coming off as having pleasure in Pilar's pain I do feel you deserve to be heard and while I was disappointed with the length of time you spent discussing the incident that took place between the Sanders I can't judge you for taking this opportunity to set the record straight on behalf of your family. No one commenting on this blog can say they wouldn't do the same but at the end of the day there are still three sides to a story. Your side, Pilar's side and the truth. Knowing your truth should be vindication enough. You don't have to fight everyone who disagree with you. Keep moving forward. I wish you Chanita and Pilar (my 3 favs) the best of luck

Anonymous said...

Wow. Seems like you are a really nice person and Pilar was not so nice to you. Its not right at all however forget her,let the past go and keep it moving don't give her anymore of your blog space. Your home with your husband & Pilar is homeless. Just pray for her.

Brittany Brown said...

Blah, Blah, Blah... Why take up so much time, space and energy on your blog to comment on Pilar's failures? What did you get accomplished? You wanted to set the record straight about....? So,is FOOTBALL WIVES off the air because:
1. Pilar left?
2. Cast was boring?
3. Low Ratings?
4. Nobody knew who these guys were besides, for ex: Rocket Ismail, Matt McBriar and Deion Sanders?
5. Was your husband EVER a DALLAS COWBOY????

LOL... I could go on for days....

Sincerely,
Brittany Brown

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dawn said...

Brittany,

Let me respond.

1. Pilar isn't as big a deal as she (or you) thinks she is. See your points 2 and 3.

2. Cast was funny with good stories. We're wives, it's our REALITY and not always as scandalous and contentious (big word) that Basketball Wives would make you believe. You might be the uninteresting and boring one if you think a bunch of grown women constantly fighting makes for good t.v.

3. Ratings were decent but not great. They were higher than a lot of shows VH1 has renewed.

4. Most guys on a 53 man squad don't have name recognition. Fine by me. But Ryan got a check for 7 years so who cares if you've never heard of him. I'm still Dawn and not Mrs. Ryan Neufeld. Works for me.

5. Yep. Signed as a free agent after the draft in 1999 and spent half the season on the practice squad before being activated and backing up Moose Johnston. Played with Deion and Rocket actually. Was then allocated to NFL Europe by the Cowboys where his time won thhe Championship in 2000.

You didn't like my opinion of Pilar so you attacked me and talked smack on a blog. How much energy did that take? Says something about your character, no? And I accomplished a lot - got a clear conscience and a lot off my chest. You?

And please keep going....

At the end of the day Pilar can add a mugshot to her portfolio. #notwinning

Anonymous said...

To look and point out another flaws you just made a mistake. I put this on everything i love and what i speak comes to pass. I give you and your husband 1-2 years and you will end up divorced. God dont like UGLY and vengence is His said the Lord!The very people you talk about while they are going down, you will see them down there, meaning your demise is on its way. Sorry you just condemnation on your on marriage and household. Buckle up and Hold on its on its way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I was a fan of Football Wives. I watched every episode and I follow you, Chanita and Pilar on Twitter. We all know that reality shows are "somewhat" scripted for the drama factor and they made it appear that everybody was against Pilar, even though that may not have been the truth. In all honesty, for people who didn't see all the episodes of your show, it may appear to be harboring ill feelings against Pilar but it's your blog and your feelings and you are entitled to it. Whenever someone attacks you or your family, it's natural to come out swinging and you did that...just like any other woman would but still it's hard not to feel bad for Pilar. Those of us who are commenting, don't really know what happened with Deion and Pilar when the cameras stopped rolling and the doors closed but I think we should continue to pray for the Sanders as a whole because just like Pilar is in this situation, who knows who could be next. Just my two cents...

Anonymous said...

Dawn. you are sad. face it, you will never be famous. this little blog is about you trying to stay relevant. you play the victim too with your retard kid. and now you are trying to capitalize on someone's misfortune. you are a snake. a nobody. a vicious liar. so funny and sad watching you claw for some relevancy here. I have no respect for you. have a nice day! :)

Anonymous said...

well first off I wanna say that thia article unlike this comment was very well written. secondly to all the people bad mouthing this woman for telling a story about her life ( regardless of the fact that it focuses on someone else) ought to be ashamed..freedom of speech idiots....and its not like ahe was being mean...just honest....lastly I will be bookmarking your site keep up the goos writing. you have a great talent here don't let others affect ue writing

digal704 said...

I find nothing wrong with anything you said. I also don't find it mean-spirited. Anonymous people are probably the person or persons you were discussing. It is your blog and they don't have to read it.

Anonymous said...

**Please get this message to Pilar and Deion!!!**

Dion Sanders and family are in my prayers!!

This woman is a disgrace not only to herself and her family, but most importantly to women who are actually being abused!!!! It's hard enough for women to have there abusers convicted for the crimes they commit because it's usually behind closed doors without witnesses and it's the woman's word against a slime ball attorney.

She's a selfish evil twat and I can see right through her!!! I pray that she has her head examined and realizes how money grubbing and selfish she is being and how her actions affect the people around her!!!

If she was so afflicted and abused what the hell is she doing living at the abusers house when she has a home 5 bedroom home else where?!?!?! I tell you, she wants to live in a mansion!!! Stupid bi*ch!!!

If a woman was truly afraid for her well being and safety she would be so fearful of the abuser and not come anywhere near him.

Just look at her make up and the way she dresses and her nasty whorish glare, you can tell she's a looser and trash.

I have personally met Dion Sanders, He was a judge at a dance competition I was in and he held the girls hands and prayed for the girls who were auditioning. I was so happy and felt so encouraged to meet such a stand up person like Dion Sanders and I cannot imagine that any of the claims this woman is making true or in line with his character!!!

I hope his ex wife comes to her senses and comes off cloud 9 and see what a pig she is being!!!

Vivian said...

Dawn you hit the nail on the head...sometimes youve gotta call a spade a spade! Great blog post!

Anonymous said...

don’t want to sound judgmental Dawn, but IT MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A HATER. Now, I am not saying Pilar treated you fairly in every situation. But I do believe sometimes you guys intentionally made a point to not like her and go out of your way to make negative comments. (It makes you guys appear jealous, not trying to be mean) I think you are a beautiful Lady as well as Pilar but you can be stronger in number. Please don’t let your situations on Footballs wives blind you from this situation. Honestly, Deion past speaks for itself….we already knew he was verbally abusive. I know firsthand how that is…my husband has called me “B” Trifling whore, stupid idiot, then have the nerve to call me drama queen once I started to cry? When you are constantly put down, and told you’re the worse or even a mistake and told the only think got going on is your looks? WTW? I am first a Woman of God trying to live this thing, and be supported and loving to my husband. Dawn, I have to tell you I can see through Deion, his clever, deceitful smile acting like the loving husband and father. NO, he uses his children and exploits a negative situation to make himself look good! Which I pray backfires and the real TRUTH comes out. I am not saying PIlar has been this Ms. Perfect woman…no not what I am saying. I remember seeing her about 10 years ago on TBN, and seeing her now breaks my heart. But, in this Marriage I believe she is the victim, I believe Deion has gotten tired, and wants a new piece. He is spiteful, and tries way too hard to make her look bad. This is normally, what verbally, narcissistic men do. Dawn, please don’t use your blog at this time to hurt another sister…we are already portrayed as being jealous of one another….This is the time to unite as a woman, friend and sister. You are the bigger person, and reach out and pray for her…SHE NEED it believe me. I smile in public, at church and very good at masking but on the inside crying. Dawn you’re a beautiful woman now it’s time to show that on the inside and outside…Many Blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

it's not about the money sometimes it's about loving your husband...victims don't see it that easy leaving. When you love your husband and family...you keep thinking they will change. Until you've been in the situation and know can't say. Yes, you may not put up with it with one particular man but it's always that one. As myself did...I would have never allowed a man to talk or do certain demeaning things to me...even as far as spitting on me. But when you love your mate...you keep believing and praying they will love you enough to change. it's her wanting to stay in a mansion. She loves her husband...he is the one that didn't want her anymore.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tiffany said...

Anonymous said...

Dawn. you are sad. face it, you will never be famous. this little blog is about you trying to stay relevant. you play the victim too with your retard kid. and now you are trying to capitalize on someone's misfortune. you are a snake. a nobody. a vicious liar. so funny and sad watching you claw for some relevancy here. I have no respect for you. have a nice day! :)
May 2, 2012 9:03 AM


First off, whomever you are that posted this comment "Anonymously" at 9:03 on May 2nd. YOU are the one that needs to get a life. I'm going to assume that you are either Pilar herself or Ms. Boswell. If not either of those two, then you are one of Pilar's little minions coming to do her dirty work for her.

I have a child with autism, and I DARE you to come say to my face that my child is a retard. You are disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Dawn, I appreciate you expressing your opinions from first hand knowledge and experience with Pilar. I too, have had interactions with Pilar. Your observations are not far from the truth. Don't listen to the haters. Once the money is dry, they won't be Pilars minions much longer.

Asha Harrington said...

None of us know what transpired in the marriage of Pilar & Deion, or what led to its demise, and if you really read this blog, Dawn NEVER claimed to know either! I think some people are missing the point...

TO ME, it does NOT come across like Dawn is taking any joy in the fact that Pilar is getting divorced. Instead, it seems that she is merely inferring that Pilar's true colors - how she does things, how she behaves & how she treats people - is all finally being exposed, albeit in an unfortunate situation such as a messy divorce.

Don't forget that Dawn knew Pilar personally, which is more than 99.9% of us can say. She's only highlighted HER OWN personal past experiences with Pilar. That doesn't mean she's bitter or being a hater. She's just stating how she feels/felt about some things Pilar has done TO HER - from HER perspective. And coincidentally, it happens to tie into with what's currently happening between Pilar & Deion.

I watched Football Wives, and I really liked Dawn on that show. I thought she was smart, strong, and feisty. I found it admirable that she put her career as a lawyer on the back-burner to be a good mom to her children (especially the child with special needs) and that she was a huge support to her big, fine, corn-fed, football playing husband (tee-hee!).

And just the same, I didn't really care too much for Pilar on that show. She came across like she was better than everybody else, and like she was too good to be on the show. She also came across as being manipulative and not someone you'd really want to have as a friend.

But all that's neither here nor there, I just hope that the Sanders divorce is resolved quickly for the sake of their children, and for the sake of them both finding peace by moving on.

ryan c said...

great article i just wish more people could read it. for everyone that is thinking you are wrong for speakig your mind, its amazing how they are so quick to speak their mind about you. the truth is the truth. throughout the past year deion has been quiet and patient with dealing with the devorce,but all im seeing and hearing from pilar is wreckless attemps at getting money. its ironic when a man loses everything in a devorce the public is quick to say he should've been smart enough to get a prenupt. so my that should apply to her as well, she should not have signed one. she knew exactly what she signed up for. she needs to be the lady she claims she is and start a new chapter in her life. good stuff enjoyed reading.

Anonymous said...

wow...so many people have so much to say who DO NOT know Pilar. Well, I know Pilar and the things Dawn pointed out about Pilar are nothing but the God honest TRUTH. It kills me such simple minded ladies see Pilar or any other athlete's wife on tv and make assumptions that they are victims. It also burns me up to read that Dawn is a hater because she spoke her mind and put truth on the forefront. Pilar has put her business out there for the world to see because she has no class. Outwardly, she may walk around well put together but deep within she is one of the most insecure and unhappy women I know. Why is it assumed because she has a big house....NO my bad....HAD an big house Dawn is jealous. Dawn's life is full of happiness with her husband and kids. She is a beautiful and smart woman who I'm sure could careless that Pilar HAD what she HAD or was married to Deion's flashy azz!!! Come on ladies...sometimes open your small minds and receive the truth when it is spoken. Why can't Pilar be the hater? The show clearly showed her unhappiness at that time. She was distant and shut off. That's the REAL Pilar. She is jealous of other women's beauty, talents and strength. You defend a woman for putting her life in the media and who hasn't thought about how this would affect her kids. If nothing else, she should keep her cool for her children (the kids who she say she is 100 percent for). REALLY!!!!! I could tell many stories about that so ladies if you dont know these people personally get off your computers defending what you have no clue about. Pilar was a jumpoff and fooled with Deion on his first wife....let's all say at the same time...KARMA!!!! what goes around comes around and these are facts. Dawn is a soldier...she defended her family and gave that HATER Pilar just what she had given Dawn. Pilar has walked around far too long crying wolf and now it has caught up with her. She is vendictive and manipulatimg (AGAIN I KNOW HER) and you can believe on everything I love I'm not jealous. I was reared strong and confident by a wonderful mother and grandmothers. Jealousy is NOT in my DNA....especially for a nobody like Pilar. Pilar needs meds and she better hope all her antics and self destructive behavior doesnt cost her custody of her kids. But OH...its known that she mistreats them so they may be better off with Deion. Find something else to do ladies but blog about things you know NOTHING about.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I enjoyed Footballwives and I appreciate your comments. I watch all of the reality shows, Basketballwives, Housewives of Atlanta etc... I remember the rumors that Pilar helped (along with Deion) to destroy his marriage to his first wife Carolyn. So, with that obviously true fact in mind (confirmed by news reports)I did not like Pilar or Deion. We are humans and we are flawed and we make mistakes, but to pretend that you are innocent and you are a great person, then to help break up a family with small kids, it's not right. So I feel this is Karma for both of them and their lies. On the show you were my favorite and I completely understand the hypocrisy that Pilar exhibited. The truth always comes to light! I have seen you and your family out and about shopping in the mall and as always you are kind and pleasant. Pilar was and appears to be a gold-digger like many women today are, and it backfired. Carolyn Sanders held her head high, raised her children, and never behaved like Pilar and Deion are behaving. It's your character and your level of integrity. I hope she can learn from this, STAY AWAY from married men, it never ends well. Unfortunately for Deion someone will treat him the same way someday and possibly hit him where it will really hurt, his pockets! They both really need to ask Pastor Jakes for some help, he married them.

Anonymous said...

You are an ignorant baffoon. Her child is not retarded maybe you should research autism before ASSuming. Autism children are very intelligent. I do not care if you attack Dawn but do not attack an innocent child

Anonymous said...

Deion was not married to Carolyn unless you all are counting common law

Angie said...

I agree with Yolanda...this blog was very well put.Dawn you doing what anonymous and THE WHOLE WORLD is doing, which is forming your own opinion! You just wrote it out,while the world and ANONYMOUS is hiding and whispering the same shyt!

child of God said...

As humans we err. We sin against others, ourselves, and the Most High God, Jesus Christ. We are living in the last days and evil is at an all time high! May the LORD grant you, the reader, the grace to forgive.

"But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matthew 6:15

Some blame Deion, while others blame Pilar. Why is no one blaming the real culprit, the devil and his fallen angels?

Anonymous said...

Apparently Dawn decides what gets posted and what gets deleted. This is my 2nd post. Hopefully Dawn will post it although I am not on her side. Nor am I a Pilar supporter. Right is Right. Dawn you are correct this is your Blog. However as a Woman, shouldn't you blog about something Positive? There is so much negativity and evil in this word, we do not need anymore. There are homeless people, abused children, drug addicts, Depression and etc. so much to Blog about to help someone in those situations, to inform them where they can go for help. Deion and Pilar issues is none of our business. We all, including you should pray they are able to work out there differences and those beautiful kids receives the love and support they need.
Yes Deion placed his business out there on Twitter, however for you to blog negativity about it is wrong. The Bible states we cannot judge anyone only God can judge. We all Sin.....
What issues you have with Pilar from over a year ago. You should let it Go... Pray for her. That is what we are suppose to do. It seems you are obsessed with Pilar. There are more important things in the world. To you I say Move form the Drama and share your blessings. Help someone in need and focus on your family and being positive. We have enough negativity in the world.
Be blessed.(Gods Messenger)

Attorney2be said...

I felt that before I could accurately comment on this post, I needed to watch Football wives. I've never seen the show before now and I sat and watched all 8 episodes.

I could see that you and Pilar were not friends. But what it appeared to me was it bothered you more than Pilar. When I listened to Pilar constantly say I don't want to be around people who constantly talk about me, I get that. If you don't like her, why would it have meant so much for her to come to your wedding. I'm not sure if your husband included her in on the planning but she was not there when he called all the other women. So that did confuse me.

You called Pilar the "b" word but yet I never heard her call you out of your name. It's obvious you don't like her but yet you stated to her that you don't hate her. But your actions and the way you constantly talked about her showed differently.

I personally am not a Pilar fan and I'm not a Dawn fan. I am someone who follows you on twitter and you follow me back. I didn't know you had a blog but when you tweeted about it, I decided to read it. However, as I stated I needed to watch Football wives before I could comment.

You have your reaons for your blog and why you felt the need to comment on their marriage. It's your blog and it's based on how you feel Pilar treated you. I'm not sure if I agree with commenting on her marriage because you are considered a public figure. Personally, I wouldn't have went there but again as I said, you have your own reasons and it's your blog. And again I said personally.

Children are always off limits and the fact that anyone would blatantly disrespect yours just shows their character and they need a lot of prayer. Pilar disrespecting you on twitter (as you stated) is crazy. That shows her character. You said her and her friends did this. That's sad. She is a hypocrite in this aspect becasue she constantly stated that fighting is high school. Well talking about people badly on twitter is high school also.

All you women on that show are strong, unique and special in your own way. I commend all of you for sharing your life but to watch all that fighting was exhausting. Since I saw Evelyn from BBW jump over that table, I have stopped watching all realtity tv. I think it's crazy and I don't need all that drama in my life. Entertainment or not it's not good.

I do think you sound a little bitter when speaking about Pilar. I'm not saying you are, but it does come off that way. I'm sure you don't mean to because that was not your intentions when writing your post. What I do hope is that you can put the past behind you with her and move on. We all make mistakes and we all need forgiveness. I don't know her personally but from what I've read she has to answer for a lot if she was "the" mistress of her soon to be ex husband. She has someone much higher to answer to than you, me and the blogs.

You are a succesful attorney with an amazing husband and beautiful kids. That really should be all you care about.

I've tried to make sure to comment from a neutral standpoint and I hope that when you read this it shows. And to all those people who commented about Dawn's children, you too have to answer to God for that slander. I would suggest you get on your hands and knees and ask for forgiveness becasue God truly doesn't like ugly.

I enjoy your blog and some of the posts that I have read. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I was briefly a friend of Pilar's but distanced once she got a 'better than though' attitude once she married Deion. She once asked a model that she used to model with "why she was still doing this." That model said she was so hurt. Sure her husband could provide but she loved modeling so why stop.

I believe that she lies, because she told an unneccessary lie one day when I phoned her. I never phoned since.

I didn't know her well, but learned from a friend that she was the mistress for about three years. That was surprising because she proclaimed Christianity. Deion was not saved at that time.

I believe Pilar has given so much attitude to people over the years as Mrs. Sanders that she never thought she'd fall off her perch. Those children were probably her security blanket. Now the reality of the pre-nup amount and child support not keeping her in this lifestyle. Wow, she might actually have to work with 'us' regular folks. She can't get a Nicole Murphy settlement so she tried to 'attack' but it's backfired.

Today's ruling from the court is the beginning. Sadly the children are suffering the most....all because Pilar wants more money. That's the issue with this drama. Pathetic and sad.

"Beauty covers a treacherous heart"

Ms Tanay said...

Dawn PLEASE continue 2 write I LOVE your inside scoop! Haters will ALWAYS b around so do what u do.