Friday, May 18, 2012

7s

7s.  At least that's what I call them.  But most of you may be familiar with them when addressed properly - 7 For All Mankind.  I don't use the full name of the premier brand of denim lifestyle products because I have a more intimate relationship with the brand.  When I first decided to venture away from the Gap denim of my early days, I knew it was time to take it up a notch.  It was time for boutique so boutique jeans.  

There on a table lay piles of jeans in different sizes, lengths, washes and colors.  The length was particularly important to me.  You see, I have a 33" inseam.  I hate floodin' when I don't want to be.  So I grabbed a pair of 7s I was assured were LONG.  I hurriedly tried them on in a pseudo-protective changing room but I didn't care if anyone caught a glimpse of my junk.  I had found the perfect jean.  Those jeans cupped my behind giving me curves in all the right places.  The button at the waist easily snapped and held my waist together without causing that dreadful "muffin top."  Then I looked down and my jeans were touching the floor - actually touched the floor.  I was so used to wearing jeans that looked like capris on me that I'd given up.  But no, not with 7 For All Mankind jeans.  Twenty plus pairs later, they are still my 7s.  And they still mean comfort, summer and cool to me after all these years.


I was excited when I recently received an invitation to attend the reveal of the ground breaking Summer 2012 campaign at Northpark Mall - sounds like I missed a truly interesting preview.  This campaign intrigues me -  born from an art film imagined and created by James Franco in collaboration with the Lipman, the unorthodox campaign is an original multimedia experience that embodies the brands California roots and forever cool aesthetic.  Based on what I've seen, the collection lives up to its name.

Think laid back California lifestyle, that road trip up the coastline wearing prints with compelling assortments of florals, lace prints and tie dye while the colors and cuts will keep you in trend for the season.  Vibrant colors that are washed down to create subdued shades that look as though they are faded by the son and sea will bring the collection full circle.

What can I say - this collection epitomizes summer.




Make sure you check out the summer 2012 collection at NorthPark Mall.  I know I will be ASAP.

No comments: