Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Stand for something!!!


I had someone ask me recently why I open myself up to criticism by being so open on my blog and offering up opinions that I know I'm going to get attacked for.  Well, here's why...

“I swore never to be silent whenever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” -Elie Weisel

I've mentioned before that I can't stand bullies, especially the ones that hide behind internet anonymity.  I came across this quote today and it pretty much summarizes why I speak when others remain silent.  The sad thing is I've found over the years that it's usually adults who are bullying online.  And people wonder why our kids are having such difficulties with bullying these days.  The behavior is learned - AT HOME!  We've got to do better and teach our kids to stand up when others are silent.  Be passionate about what you believe in.  Don't let the haters and anonymous bullies silence you.  Stop worrying so much about and praying for the bad guy - pray that people have strength to stand up to the bad guy.





No comments: