Friday, March 22, 2013

Almost there - Juice Cleanse Day 5

I weighed in this morning at 133.4 lbs.  I actually think the number would be lower but I attended a wonderful sip and swap event last night and I couldn't pass up a glass of red wine.  Knowing I was going to have a glass of wine, I ate some oatmeal before I left the house.  I'm thrilled that the number on the scale is still heading south but my willpower seems to be going up!  

At the event the servers carried around delicious nibbles like meatballs and chicken taquitos.  Any other time, I would've inhaled several of them but I easily turned them down.  I like to eat.  And I'm an emotional eater and yesterday ended up being stressful.  Yet I found it easy to stick to my juices.  If anything, this cleanse is helping me decipher some of my unhealthy eating habits and I'm learning what it means to really be hungry.

Even though I've lost over 5 lbs since I started the cleanse, my clothes aren't really fitting differently.  They are still a little tighter than I'd like them to be.  But again, I don't feel as bloated as I did last weekend and I'm feeling pretty good.  And I can pretty much confirm that the bags under my eyes have all but disappeared - that surely has to do with the fact that those 5 lbs are probably mostly water weight. 

So, one more day of juicing to go.  I'm looking forward to eating a real meal tomorrow but I'm pumped about getting back into the gym on Monday and I am planning on incorporating juicing into my daily routine.

No comments: